Kodi on ATV4 - General ?'s
I apologies now if I am posting this is the wrong section:Im totally new to kodi however I have managed to install this to my ATV4. I have a few questions if I may:

1.) Which version of the deb file is the most stable to use?
2.) Once I have installed all the add-ons I wish, and have the system to the point i'm happy with, can I back this up in its entirety for a) fall back on. b) transfer to another ATV4. On that subject is it possible to back up an ATV4 entirely and then restore on other ATV4's?
3.) I believe the Dropbox addon no longer works, is there an alternative to this, as I wish to create my own skins with pictures, files etc.
4.) Whats the best way to upgrade the various Kodi builds without losing your existing settings, if possible?

Many thanks for your time.

Allan
Just for the others - i will not support this guy...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-25, 07:31)Memphiz Wrote: Just for the others - i will not support this guy...

I did not realise I was so upsetting and stupid with my questions that it deserved your response.

I guess you do not like assisting newbies or is it something else. Anyway I have figured out most of my questions myself, and certainly no thanks to you. Maybe you should retire as a Non serving developer, either that or find out how to communicate without belittling people. having said that maybe your only 5 years old and do not know better.

Allan (the OLD guy that is still wanting to learn new things at 65)
(2016-10-25, 17:36)AllanMuir Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 07:31)Memphiz Wrote: Just for the others - i will not support this guy...

I did not realise I was so upsetting and stupid with my questions that it deserved your response.

I guess you do not like assisting newbies or is it something else. Anyway I have figured out most of my questions myself, and certainly no thanks to you. Maybe you should retire as a Non serving developer, either that or find out how to communicate without belittling people. having said that maybe your only 5 years old and do not know better.

Allan (the OLD guy that is still wanting to learn new things at 65)

If he retires you will have absolutely no ATV4 builds any more. Just as fyi
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I simply question your intentions of point 2 and point 3 of your question list. You can simply thank all those piracy box sellers who want to know exactly the same that you asked for their purposes.

I don't care if you are 65. Setting up kodi with addons the way you like and then backup and restore to other ATV4s(!) just rings bells here.

I mean if you knew that atv2 boxes which were "fully loaded" and sold on ebay made double the price of a factory one - you wouldn't be sceptical when a new forum member asks how to technically achieve what would be needed to do the same with an atv4? And doing so in his second post? No of course not. Must be because i am 5 years old.

Well once i am 65 i will retire (and hopefully find a sane way to make some extra bucks once i am bored from all the free time...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My bad, I totally went on the defence! My sincere apologies, quite rightly so it may have come across as someone wishing to pirate and profit. This most definitely is not the case. I just have 4 ATV's in my house and wanted to explore the opportunity to take the least amount of time and effort to get these ATV's up and running with Kodi.

My sincere apologies.

I have managed to copy across what I wanted and now im trying to personalise my profiles skin etc. However I was unsure how to access and get files of my DROBOFS onto the ATV. I have managed to connect it and see it on kodi however I cant seem to navigate to the directories I created on Drobo. In file manager I can see everything however when I go to change the background on the main homepage, I cant navigate to these folders. I will keep trying and hopefully will figure this out sooner rather than later.

Once again my sincere apologies for me being a D__CK!

Allan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on ATV4 - General ?'s0