can't add a tv show
Hi,
I have one strange behavior: there is a folder which contains many sub folders, each of which has the episodes of a tv show. And, as it should be, nearly all get picked up by kodi - except The Avengers. TheTVDB is the scraper and the show is in there. I tried to set the content again - nothing. I tried to get the "TV Show Information" from the context menu - no popup, no nothing. There are a few other folders in my TV folder that have nothing to do with any TV show - some of them at least show a dialog prompting me to enter the correct show name. But The Avengers - nothing! If I go to an episode within that folder and look for "Episode Information" I also don't get anything, no popup, no nothing.
I have the feeling that maybe the database is broken and would love to look into it and possibly remove anything wrong that is there about The Avengers - but I have no idea on how to do this.
Can anybody help - thank, Merlin
works fine here ... just ran a test

C:\TV Shows\The Avengers\Season 1\The Avengers S01E01.mkv

you are talking about the 1961 tv show ? ... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71020&lid=7
If filename / structure is correct there shouldn't be an issue...
I did another test: Created an empty folder The Avengers in a different location and went there with Kodi and it recognized the show. Then I copied the files (all the ones with Emma Peel) into it and Kodi picked them up.
As that was not a particularly good location I copied the whole folder to a better location, cleaned the database, went to the new location and Kodi did not want to have anything to do with that folder in the new location.
Moving it back to the previous location made Kodi recognize the show again.
Stranger and stranger!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't add a tv show0