Not caching more than 30 sec post upgrade
Hello all,

I recently upgraded my KODI to version 16.1 for the sake of being current and have regretted it ever since.... I am currently at 16.1 Git:2016-4-24-c327c53. I run Kodi on a newer iMac and airplay stream to my apple TV

Ever since this upgrade my caching has failed to function as before.

My internet speed is slow @ 4Mbit/sec, so I rely on the movies to background load while paused. You can see the grey bar loading in advance of the blue playback progress bar, or at least I used to see that. That function no longer works and now I am subject to buffering every 15 - 30 seconds. There is not enough alcohol in my county to deal with this issue any longer.

I have edited my advanced settings xml to multiple combinations that various online tutorials have recommended with zero success. Currently I have my cache size set back at zero for unlimited...

My various internet searches have failed to turn up a solution and I am tired of the slew of terrible Youtube videos turing the most simple edit to a 7 minute waste of time. I'm sure I am just searching the incorrect keywords...

Can anyone on here help deliver me from the living hell that is buffering?

thanks is advance,
Brian
How did you upgrade Kodi? Fresh/Clean install or over the top of your old one? Man 4Mbit is very slow. So after you let the video load, it still buffers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not caching more than 30 sec post upgrade0