Password for login into add-on
Hello!
I'm developing an add-on which requires username and password from the user. I'm using WindowXML class for customizing the look. I also wanted to make a simple login dialog in XML but i have a problem, that i don't know if i can customize edit control in XML so that password would be "hidden" like "*******".

Does anybody have a solution? Thank you!
If addon requires password and username for access to a service, you can use addon settings for user to enter username/password?
I have already asked this and the short answer is via xml no. If you do it in python there is a password boolean when creating the object that can be passed. What you can do as a simple solution is create 2 inputs on top of each other and have the password text 100% transparent and have the visible text replace all characters with *. It is a hack job and has some drawbacks like if someone selects the input to type you can still see the password when the virtual keyboard is present. There are some hack jobs using buttons too out there. If you look on github for spotmc "not an official kodi app due to using custom fonts" it has a login dialog hack using buttons bit visibly looks like a login screen.

There is also a really difficult way to do so using manipulation but honestly it has glitches too and is a lot of work.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291239
I'm new here and trying to learn what I can myself. Surely you can just use the hidden option?

This is taken from Pvr.filmon addons settings.xml =

<setting id="password" type="text" label="30001" option="hidden" default="" />

As you can see option hidden is used to make passwords go ****

Unless I've missed the point?
(2016-11-13, 22:42)Drt1989 Wrote: I'm new here and trying to learn what I can myself. Surely you can just use the hidden option?

This is taken from Pvr.filmon addons settings.xml =

<setting id="password" type="text" label="30001" option="hidden" default="" />

As you can see option hidden is used to make passwords go ****

Unless I've missed the point?

This option only exists in settings. It does not exist in custom xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password for login into add-on0