New User Questions
(2016-11-14, 23:16)DarrenHill Wrote: It's be better in the hardware section. I'll move it there.

Awesome, Thanks. Smile

(2016-11-14, 23:18)bry Wrote: not sure how friendly the local comcast is but take a look at these: https://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/

I use a prime with FiOS and have my whole house run with cat6, 1 prime, mac mini, gigabyte brix, raspi3, and various android smart phones/tablets can access the prime.

I have a server that runs emby.media (premier) license that integrates well and acts as a back end for my kodi installation. I have the silicondust.com/shop dvr beta and record to the local file server. I have mcebuddy (donor) and comskip (donor) monitor the recording path to strip all commercials, remux and import to my kodi library.

sounds like a similar setup you may be interested in.

Interesting. I'll need to look into that. So if I read that correctly:
I need 1 per 3 wired devices I want to watch on (Unlimited* wifi devices). I would need to get the CableCard from my provider for this to work.

As for the server, I am nowhere near starting that project yet. I will need to fill out the correct forms in triplicate and submit it to my purchasing department for verification and review (also known as convincing my wife), so that may be late next year. Wink

I was talking with one of my devs here and he was interested when I told him you can get TV on it (via things like homerun). He has that new "Sling" service, is Kodi compatible with it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User Questions0