Kodi VPN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chrisjohnson Offline
i just got the subscription of PureVPN but i don't know how to setup it on kodi tv.. can anyone please guide me ?
find quote
Dangelus Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Don't you think it would be useful to at least provide SOME information about your setup if you are looking for people to graciously donate some time to help you?

Also have you tried doing a little research? There are several existing threads on this subject.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
chrisjohnson Offline
(2016-11-15 12:41)Dangelus Wrote:  Don't you think it would be useful to at least provide SOME information about your setup if you are looking for people to graciously donate some time to help you?

Also have you tried doing a little research? There are several existing threads on this subject.

my question is has anyone setup vpn on kodi tv ? If yes then how?

Yes i am searching on it
find quote
Dangelus Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2016-11-15 13:14)chrisjohnson Wrote:  
(2016-11-15 12:41)Dangelus Wrote:  Don't you think it would be useful to at least provide SOME information about your setup if you are looking for people to graciously donate some time to help you?

my question is has anyone setup vpn on kodi tv ? If yes then how?

Yes i am searching on it

Has anybody set up VPN?

Yes

How?

Totally depends on your setup which you don't seem to grasp is pretty relevant information. ie What you're running Kodi on, if you want to do it the router level on a PC etc.

Since you seem unwilling to help yourself, good luck.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
trogggy Offline
Posting Freak
VPN is one of those things it's hard to find - too few letters in the search string.
Try sticking
Quote:vpn site:forum.kodi.tv
in the google thing.
find quote
infinity85 Offline
(2016-11-15 13:14)chrisjohnson Wrote:  my question is has anyone setup vpn on kodi tv ? If yes then how?

Yes i am searching on it
What Dangelus means when he's asking about your setup is, what kind of Operating System (Windows, Linux, LibreELEC), what kind of Computer (x86/x64, Raspberry Pi, etc) you have and which version of Kodi you are going to use for it Wink

I do have a PureVPN subscription and I am using it on a Raspberri Pi and on an Odroid C2 for geo-unblocking.

Setting it up is quite easy thanks to the VPN Manager for OpenVPN addon from Zamboided.
You just install the Addon, and choose PureVPN as your provider (it's included). You can also choose whether you want it to connect upon boot etc. Actually everything is everything is explained in the link above. If you have problems, I can help you out with it, as I have PureVPN as well.

BUT BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Read the posts of following link very carefully, because as soon as you establish a connection to a PureVPN server, you bypass your windows Firewall and your routers Firewall as well as NAT:
http://openelec.tv/forum/69-network/8276...ders-on-oe

That means that all your ports on the machine will be exposed to the internet. That means also, that actually your whole LAN will be potentially completely open for anybody who either guesses or knows your PureVPN IP (Or some bad ass employee from PureVPN can make use of it). PureVPN doesn't really give a piece of shit about their users security (albeit claiming the opposite on their website).

If you are using Linux (Or LibreELEC/OpenELEC), then you can add these rules to your iptables, to secure your VPN connection:
Code:
iptables -F
iptables -A INPUT -i tun0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i tun0 -j DROP

But start with giving us some information about your setup, so more people can give advices.
(This post was last modified: 2016-11-17 21:43 by infinity85.)
find quote
Harley Ben Offline
This is a beginner guide for setting up a VPN on kodi, https://www.bestvpnprovider.com/kodi-vpn/
This will address your issue!
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-28 14:03 by Harley Ben.)
find quote
crasskitty Offline
Hi, Chris

Use this step by step guide to setup PureVPN on Kodi https://www.purevpn.com/blog/kodi-vpn/
find quote
ZGold Offline
try asking their support. see if they can help?
find quote
trogggy Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-03-20 12:56)ZGold Wrote:  try asking their support. see if they can help?
Are you trying to get to 10 posts so you can pm by any chance?
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
Thread moved to off-topic, as this has nothing directly to do with Kodi or anything we actively support here.

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) |
find quote
graceinc Offline
(2016-11-15 12:26)chrisjohnson Wrote:  i just got the subscription of PureVPN but i don't know how to setup it on kodi tv.. can anyone please guide me ?

If you need to use your VPN, I guess this guide to setup vpn on Kodi would definitely help you out. Check this guide: link removed
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-08 15:06 by DarrenHill.)
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
That guide refers to banned add-on (wiki) sites that we want absolutely nothing to do with and which violates our forum rules (wiki).

So reference to it is not allowed here.

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) |
find quote
graceinc Offline
my apologize did not know about this, was just to help the OP.
find quote