impresed so far
After using Kodi for a long time, I gave up on it because of a few issues that never seemed to be solved. I came back intermittently, but those issues were still there. So after reading an article saying that the developers were concentrating on improving it, rather than adding more stuff, I decided to give it another go, and so far. I'm impressed by the improvement.
What were the problems I was having. Well, One was, if I left Kodi, to say browse my email, and then wanted to return to the program, It wouldn't display on the computer. That seems to have been solved.
Another one was when playing videos, and i think this even happened with ones i played off my hds, sometimes the videos would skip back, that also seems to have been solved.
The loss of Dailymotion. I'm delighted to see that back.
When starting the program. I would have the ticker tape of updates, or whatever. I don't see that now.
So thanks to whom it may concern for the improvements.
Welcome back, never thought of reading emails with Kodi, but I guess you can call up a browser internally with some sort of add-on. The developers as I understand work in cyclic fashion with features and then stable improvements and back to features. I use Unpause Jumpjack to do what you claim did naturally, lucky guy.
(2016-11-20, 14:16)irish66 Wrote: When starting the program. I would have the ticker tape of updates, or whatever. I don't see that now.
http://kodi.wiki/view/RSS_ticker
can be turned on and off in settings.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2016-11-20, 16:10)PatK Wrote: Welcome back, never thought of reading emails with Kodi,
Huh. No. I didn;t mean that. I meant. I'm watching a video in kodi, I pause it. I decide to check my email. so I press alt and the key with the two arrows, to get to my browser. I check my emails.
After a certain time, I decide to go back to kodi, but although I can see the word "kodi" when pressing the alt and arrow keys, i can't actually see the program. This also happens when using my browser. That's often solved by disabling flash plugin. I guess it's some kind of freeze issue.
(2016-11-20, 18:30)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 14:16)irish66 Wrote: When starting the program. I would have the ticker tape of updates, or whatever. I don't see that now.

I guess it must be turned off by default. But I wonder if that's what I meant. It was something that would prevent me from using the program until it had completed it's task.
(2016-11-20, 23:07)irish66 Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 18:30)zerocool_ie Wrote:

I guess it must be turned off by default. But I wonder if that's what I meant. It was something that would prevent me from using the program until it had completed it's task.

The RSS feed is a ticker tape of updates but doesn't make you wait, so I guess that isn't what you are referring to

4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
i should emphasise that I haven;t had the problem since returning to Kodi.
From the description of your issues it seems that all of them were external in nature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
impresed so far0