Info overlay on live tv
Hi, I have set up the live TV in titan skin. When I press the Up or Down arrow (on remote mapped to keyboard up and down) it shows the info screen. The info displayed is for the next channel in the list. I would prefer the first keypress to bring up the info for the current channel (like pressing i for info) and subsequent keypresses to scroll through the channels. I have tried different keyboard.xml window mappings, but the it seems to happen in FullscreenLiveTV whether info overlay is active or not. ANy ideas?
Up and Down is used to switch channels in LiveTV. Changing that doesn't sound very user friendly if you ask me.
So, if you press Up your PVR is "navigating" to the next channel, that's why you see info for that next channel.

If you press trhe info key you will have the info for the currently displaying channel.
Using a remote Channel Up and Down is set to change channels instantly. These are mapped to an action, not a keystroke.

The remote d-pad up and down are mapped to keyboard arrow keys. In Live TV->Playback settings I have activated the option 'Confirm channel switches by pressing "OK"'. So when I up and down arrow it scrolls through the info overlay down the bottom for each channel, but the channel doesn't change to you press OK. However I would prefer the first channel to appear to be the present channel. This is due to habit coming from a system that behaved this way (WMC) and being the default way I use to see how long a show has got left to go etc.

In the scheme of things it is a minor annoyance for me.

I think it should be achievable if you can tell if the info overlay is active. Not sure if it can be done in keyboard.xml, which is probably out of your scope.
Ah, now I get what you mean and I'm afraid this is out of the scope of the skin.
Maybe if you ask this question on the PVR forum threads someone knows a workaround for this.
@Crazy horse : I allowed myself to implement this. ;-) It will be included in next beta / nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info overlay on live tv0