Check for picture slideshow
Hi, I am trying to create a Python script (called from Kodi Favourites) that will start a picture slideshow, then auto-restart it if the folder contents change (e.g. new images added). Before writing that code, I am starting with some simple monitoring code to see if I can get that working.

I am currently struggling to understand how xbmc.getCondVisibility('Slideshow.IsActive') works.

Here is my very basic and debug heavy test code (please forgive the code - I'm a novice at this):

Code:
import xbmc
from time import sleep

monitor = xbmc.Monitor()
picfolder = "/home/osmc/images"

xbmc.executebuiltin('SlideShow(%s)' %(picfolder))
xbmc.log("[slideshowtesting] Started")
sleep(5)

xbmc.log("[slideshow] Entering check loop")
while 1:
    print "Here is the slideshow active boolean:"
    print xbmc.getCondVisibility('Slideshow.IsActive')
    if xbmc.getCondVisibility('Slideshow.IsActive'):
        xbmc.log("[slideshow] Still running")
    else:
        xbmc.log("[slideshow] Finished")
        break
    xbmc.log("[slideshow] Sleeping...")
    sleep(10)

xbmc.log("[slideshow] Exiting")

My issue is that the value of xbmc.getCondVisibility('Slideshow.IsActive') doesn't change to 0 if the user manually exits the slideshow.

From the code above and other basic testing I've done, it seems like Slideshow.IsActive gets set to 1 the first time a slideshow is started, but never resets to 0 when the slideshow is stopped.

From reading the Wiki it would appear simple - Slideshow.IsActive should be 1 when a slideshow is running, and 0 when one is not running.

Am I missing something simple here?
yup, you're right.

fix pending:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10997
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So I'm not going crazy!! Thanks for confirming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Check for picture slideshow0