Bug: missing infolabels in info dialog when opened from home
I believe this is a bug, ListItem.Path, ListItem.FolderPath, and ListItem.FolderName are blank in movieinformation window when opened from a widget on the home screen.
I am using script.skin.helper.widgets if it helps.
perhaps ask in their support thread?

i'm not seeing the issue when i use videodb:// paths or smartplaylists to fill the widgets.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I think this is true for all non-library content. Or more exactly: for listitems that are generated by a plugin and not a videodb:// or other internal vfs path.
From xbmcplugin you can only set the Listitem's file but not the path, folderpath or foldername even if the originating listitem is actually pulled from the kodi database by json.
Or is there some hidden property I'm not aware of ?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...l#ListItem

@echo: For widgets you should use ListItem.FileNameAndPath instead
if you're using listItem.setPath(), that should be good enough to fill all path related info labels,
kodi will deduct folderpath, foldername etc.. from it.

that being said, i'm working on another addon, and i'm seeing some odd things happening
in the info dialog if i additionally call listItem.setInfo('video', {dbid:xx})

on my end, this breaks all path related infolabels in the video info dialog.
(and it the dialog even fails to open for musicvideos)

perhaps i'm doing something wrong... and this may not even apply to your addon ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah, that's exactly what I'm doing too so I guess we stumbled on a little bug here ?

EDIT: btw I set both dbtype and dbid and so far working great as the infodialog shows all related info
(2016-11-28, 22:15)marcelveldt Wrote: @echo: For widgets you should use ListItem.FileNameAndPath instead
Thanks but that also returns nothing in the video info window for me.
I presume the missing infolabels are a bug and will hopefully be fixed at some point..
i've tracked it down to this part of the core code:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L211-L219

if you specify a dbid for the listitem, kodi will try to retrieve the path from the videoinfo tag.
but we currently lack the method in python to set this path using setInfo('video', {'path':'/some/video.mpg'})

fix pending: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11012
Thanks Ronie!
Just to add my thanks as well Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug: missing infolabels in info dialog when opened from home0