Krypton event server
on Vista SP2, Krypton event server does not allow connections from yatse or kore remotes. but if i uninstall and run Jarvis, it does.

has anyone else discovered this or found a solution? does Krypton event server work on other Windows OS?
Windows 10 here. Same problem

I can be very much mistaken, but I think I read somewhere recently that in Krypton event server listens on ipv6 to locahost only, regardless of windows ipv6 settings. So even if you disable/remove ipv6 from windows you will still see
Quote:NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : true)
as it still bonds to the loopback interface
AFAIK, this was done as a security measure, so you specifically have to allow control from other devices in the settings, but the upshot of it is that, on windows, the event server refuses to answer on any other interface/address

There used to be a network setting you could add to disable ipv6, but unfortunately that is now ignored
Quote:<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>

I've been through every combination of settings/network configuration, learning a lot about ipv6 along the way and have not been able to resolve it. It's a real shame, because no event server means the loss of my most used and handiest functions of yatse, the cursor key skip steps.
FWIW, it works totally fine on OSX, in the event log event server shows "ipv6: false" and it passed the yatse connectivity check. I havent tested it on linux yet, as I have run kodi for many years as my main media centre on windows and I am loathe to think I have to change os or stay on an old or outdated version to continue using my remote with full function

I would love if someone with a bit more insight or knowledge could chime in with a fix or workaround
something seems to have happened between Krypton alpha 2 and any beta version. if i go back to alpha 2, then the event server connects and works with yatse or kore remotes. i'm pretty clueless as to evaluating the logs, but the differences i can find are as follows.

on alpha 2 (working), my log includes:
16:05:31 T:816 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
16:05:31 T:816 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
16:05:37 T:1900 DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: identifier: servers.eventserver type: _xbmc-events._udp name:Kodi (Black) port:9777

on beta 5 (NOT working), my log includes:
15:49:07 T:4284 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
15:49:07 T:4284 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : true)
15:49:08 T:4612 DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: identifier: servers.eventserver type: _xbmc-events._udp name:Kodi (Black) port:9777

would it have to do with the lack of '0.0.0.0:9777' being explicitly defined?

i'm not able to submit a new ticket on the bug tracker. it says i don't have the required pemissions, so i'm not sure how to notify anyone about this.
0.0.0.0:9777 means that it is listening on all ipv4 addresses, which is fine
I think the problem is that it tries to bind to ipv6 regardless
i see. i don't know much about ipv6.
i'm with you, i think it's a shame. i hate it that skipping or adaptive seeking does not work. i don't know what else to try to fix it.
does anyone know if we would be able to use some portproxy command to use the event server?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...s.10).aspx
Thumbs Up 
A bit late coming back to this I know, but I have a workable, slightly convoluted solution !!

as the portproxy idea suggested above didnt work with udp I went looking for alternative means of doing something along those lines, listen on port 9777 on ipv4 and forward it to ipv6, port 9777 on the same host
The unix utility socat allows just this, so I thought, what the hell, try get a version of that for windows, and found that cygwin was able to do this

Run the cygwin setup from here
When it comes to selecting packages, search for socat and enable it, it should then install any required dependencies
Open a cygwin terminal and paste in the following
Code:
socat udp4-recvfrom:9777,fork udp-sendto:[::]:9777
Test that it is working (in my case, I used the yatse setupwizard to check event viewer connectivity)
if so, we want it to work at all times, so I created a task that runs at login, indefinately
Kill the cygwin window and create a task..

Computer Manager, Task Scheduler Library, New Task
General - Run whether user is logged in or not (stops command window appearing, enter password when prompted)
Triggers - New, At logon, kodi user
Actions - Start a program
Program/script
Code:
C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe
Add Arguments
Code:
-l -c "socat udp4-recvfrom:9777,fork udp-sendto:[::]:9777"
Settings - untick Stop the task if runs longer than

Now all my custom commands are working again in yatse Laugh
(2017-02-02, 22:02)oopled Wrote: A bit late coming back to this I know, but I have a workable, slightly convoluted solution !!

Oh man, thank you!! That works. Yay! I would have never found that or figured it out.
(2017-02-02, 22:02)oopled Wrote: Computer Manager, Task Scheduler Library, New Task
General - Run whether user is logged in or not (stops command window appearing, enter password when prompted)
Triggers - New, At logon, kodi user
Actions - Start a program
Program/script
Code:
C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe
Add Arguments
Code:
-l -c "socat udp4-recvfrom:9777,fork udp-sendto:[::]:9777"
Settings - untick Stop the task if runs longer than

The scheduled task is leaving me with a blank 'taskeng.exe' black popup window every time I logon. Then when I close the window, the cygwin solution stops working. Are you having this blank black window too?
Did you set the task to run whether the user is logged in or not?
under the General tab, if you put in your user details and password, it should run in the background, that is what is working for me. I had the problem of the black command window popping up when run, and that is what fixed it for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton event server0