NAS Config and WakeOnLan
Hi

So i got some problems with my two NAS Devices and Kodi. Somethimes after i put my Chromebox in Suspend and both NAS Devices go to Sleep Kodi freezes after i resume the chromebox.

My Question is now what Server Config is needed to support the Wake on Access Option in Kodi? The Autodetect Routine detects only my NAS with the shared SQL Databes. It makes two entrys in the wakeonlan.xml. One with the IP As Host and One with the Hostname as Host.

Are there any SMB Config Options that must be enabled on the Server?
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
I doubt it's an SMB configuration on the server, but there may well be some other config to switch WOL on on your server. However, you haven't actually said what that NAS/server is, so everyone would be guessing ... Wink

<disclaimer: I only use WOL to wake up my backup server, so know nothing about using it in Kodi>
Start with the NAS, see if it supports WOL. ReadyNAS, for example, does. Once it's on and enabled send a magic packet using something like etherwake. Be aware that magic packets will often fail to traverse routing boundaries; make sure you test within the same subnet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS Config and WakeOnLan0