• 228(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-09-28, 00:46)Milhouse Wrote: Are these permanent Kodi lockups (so you need to kill Kodi, or power cycle) or are they momentary lockups (how long?)
Permanent, with no crash log. "kill -SEGV $(pidof kodi.bin)" does nothing.
Installed #0927 (ref Make PVR database threadsafe) with clean boot of rpi2 and into kodi with no kodi crash during intialisation Channel/EPG update. Cool

kodi debug log

Will continue to check over next few days....
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
@smp1 Log says you are using #0913 which is rather old. ;-) Can you try latest build and report back, please?
(2017-09-28, 07:54)MikeKL Wrote: Installed #0927 (ref Make PVR database threadsafe) with clean boot of rpi2 and into kodi with no kodi crash during intialisation Channel/EPG update. Cool

kodi debug log

Will continue to check over next few days....

Thanks for testing. I was just about to ask whether things have improved for you. If you do not experience crashes during startup anymore during the next days, I will merge the fix to Kodi master branch.
@Mikel My Tapatalk is acting up. This comment was directed to @smp1
I have no crashes @#0927 but see the picture - endless "searching for channel icons".
When I switch to channel list the list is empty.
Sometimes after reboot works again but the next boot again the same.
When I try to make other operations, e.g. EPG database to delete, KODI hangs.

EDIT:
I have back # 0926 now have no channel icons and no EPG Confused
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-09-28, 09:39)Aux_ Wrote: I have no crashes @#0927 but see the picture - endless "searching for channel icons".
When I switch to channel list the list is empty.
Sometimes after reboot works again but the next boot again the same.
When I try to make other operations, e.g. EPG database to delete, KODI hangs.

EDIT:
I have back # 0926 now have no channel icons and no EPG Confused

I was afraid that the fix attempt could lead to deadlocks.

Could you please install # 0927 again and in case the hang occurs (the never ending "searching for channel icons"), do a "kill -ABRT $(pidof kodi.bin)" and post the gererated crashlog?
(2017-09-05, 13:25)linkinsoldier Wrote: PS: game emulation looks great, but unfortunately the known controller mapping Bug stops me from using it. Looking forward to the Bugfix/enhancements from garbear!

I have found some information relative to this issue I previously reported :
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/co...d_the_new/

It seems it is a bug related with linux kernel 4.12 updated in 0714, so it should happens also in Generic. They explain several fixes but since LibreELEC is not an standard linux distro, those fixes are something that must be done before compiling... I hope this can help in anyway to @garbear or @Milhouse
Hi ksooo,

here is your desired crashlog: http://sprunge.us/OPHR

BTW - when I disable the picons directory in the OSD settings then no above issue present, it's possible that the issue present because the directory name upper-case written is "Picons" ?

EDIT:
no it is not at the name of the folder, have tested.
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-09-28, 11:44)Aux_ Wrote: Hi ksoo,

here is your desired crashlog: http://sprunge.us/OPHR

BTW - when I disable the picons directory in the OSD settings then no above issue present, it's possible that the issue present because the directory name upper-case written is "Picons" ?

EDIT:
no it is not at the name of the folder, have tested.

Thanks. This helps a lot. I will try to come up with a fix soon.

The deadlock can occure, if "Folder with channel icons" settings value is not empty, no matter of spelling of the value.
(2017-09-28, 11:35)bite_your_idols Wrote: I have found some information relative to this issue I previously reported :
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/co...d_the_new/

It seems it is a bug related with linux kernel 4.12 updated in 0714, so it should happens also in Generic. They explain several fixes but since LibreELEC is not an standard linux distro, that fixes are something that must be done before compiling... I hope this can help in anyway to @garbear or @Milhouse

Maybe @garbear has an idea of what can be done as the "fix" seems to be in relation to SDL which isn't included in these builds but may be something that is included by the game addons.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-28, 07:57)ksooo Wrote: @smp1 Log says you are using #0913 which is rather old. ;-) Can you try latest build and report back, please?
Same issue with latest build.
The lockups randomly occur when opening a file, maybe "VideoPlayer: make OpenFile asynchron" could be causing this?
(2017-09-28, 14:29)smp1 Wrote:
(2017-09-28, 07:57)ksooo Wrote: @smp1 Log says you are using #0913 which is rather old. ;-) Can you try latest build and report back, please?
Same issue with latest build.
The lockups randomly occur when opening a file, maybe "VideoPlayer: make OpenFile asynchron" could be causing this?

Okay. When the lockup has occured, do a "kill -ABRT $(pidof kodi.bin)" and post the gererated crashlog here, please.
(2017-09-27, 21:41)dantist Wrote: I'm having trouble using the South Park addon - the audio is playing fine, but the video is stuttering and lagging heavily. Is there anything I can do about it?

The log does show something unhappy ("CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer").
I believe the south park add-on is geo-locked and doesn't work from uk so may be tricky to reproduce from here.
Do you see this behaviour with any other add-ons?

Also was this working correctly in an earlier build?
(2017-09-28, 15:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-09-27, 21:41)dantist Wrote: I'm having trouble using the South Park addon - the audio is playing fine, but the video is stuttering and lagging heavily. Is there anything I can do about it?

The log does show something unhappy ("CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer").
I believe the south park add-on is geo-locked and doesn't work from uk so may be tricky to reproduce from here.
Do you see this behaviour with any other add-ons?

Also was this working correctly in an earlier build?

I can confirm this addon doesnt work in the UK, you'll need a vpn to use it...
  • 228(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24