• 53(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
@MatteN Do you have a similiar problem? Do you have working CEC right after you updated to #0201 and then when your TV goes into standby and after you turn TV back on CEC is lost and you cannot reselect kodi as source until reboot and / or update CEC settings via libreelec menu?

For me this is really annoying because with working CEC I only need my TV's remote. I turn on TV, TV turns on AVR and AVR realizes kodi as active CEC source and sets kodi as active hdmi. So I only need my TV remote to manage through libreelec menues.

With non working CEC everytime my TV has been in standby I now need 3 remotes:
1. I need to shutdown -r libreelec using kore or ssh
2. after/during restart I need my AVR's remote or AVR app to switch back from wrong hdmi source to kodi
3. Then I am able to reuse my TV's remote as usual with kodi

That's why I really would appreciate this to be fixed Smile
If i switch to tv-input and then back to HDMI i have to reboot Pi to get CEC working again.
With 0117 its okay.
Yes, same here. I didn't try this before, because I *only* use my raspberry pi with this TV, but you are right, if I simply switch TV's input source, CEC is broken until reboot.
(2017-02-02, 19:41)MMXT Wrote: That's why I really would appreciate this to be fixed Smile

Yes. As long as a previous build worked as desired then we will restore that functionality (eventually).
There's another tweak in tonight's build.

I've spent a while testing it:
Remote worked. Powered off TV and back on. Switch AV input away and back. Rebooted. Remote didn't stop working.
Tested both with and without hdmi_force_hotplug.

But my Panasonic seems more tolerant than some and rarely misbehaves with cec, so we'll have to wait and see what others observe.
@popcornmix
Okay, and can you confirm firmware in my case has been updated correctly if you take a look at post #784?

If #0117 is working okay for me and the firmware with reverted 13 does not make a recent testbuild like #0201 work as #0117 before, from my understanding there has to be other changes causing the problem for me (and several others) which somehow won't be reverted by the modified firmware.
(2017-02-01, 21:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 21:01)MikeKL Wrote: With others already posting reports is it still useful to provide specific debug details?

There is a tweak to CEC cleanup 13 that will be in tonight's build.
There have been a few different symptoms reported, so I'm not sure it will be a complete fix, but hopefully will resolve some user's issues.

So test with tonight's build. To ensure consistent results I'd recommend powering off the TV from the mains for a minute after updating the build and before testing.

If you still have problems with tonight's build then logs would be useful. Add to config.txt
Code:
logging_level=0x230000

Reboot and confirm CEC remote works and then grab the log:
Code:
vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit

Then do whatever it that provokes unwanted behavior (e.g. TV powers on unwantedly) and grab another log.

OK installed #0201 and clean booted into rpi2 then grabbed log file with logging level set in config.txt (as requested) after using tv remote to control kodi etc. http://sprunge.us/aQdf

Then using receiver remote I switched to another hdmi device connected to avr receiver, switched back to rpi2 and was still able to control kodi with tv remote. Then I switched off the TV (which also switches off the avr reciever)

Few moments later, switched on tv with tv remote and once tv and avr receiver powered up, tried unsuccessfully to wake up kodi (focused hdmi device) via TV remote
(Operating OK button on tv remote, operates a TV function rather than confirming a wake up of kodi via pressing OK button, which would normally be expected to occur)

I then attempted to wake up kodi with bluetooth keyboard to see if once awake tv remote would then control kodi normally and this appears to provoke a crash of kodi (so unable to test if remote was successfully controlling kodi or not during this test)

kodi debug crashlog

Hope explanation of test performed "as far as I got through requested test" with information gathered is of some use?

In the past (Krypton builds..) I could always wake up kodi from remote if tv and receiver switched on and focused on using rpi2 kodi device.
With more recently LibreELEC builds always needed to use bluetooth keyboard to perform wake up from idle of kodi and then TV remote could take over control of kodi.

----edit----

OK, switched to another device when kodi GUI still visible on TV but in an idle state (tv screen dimmed) and when switching back to kodi was not able to wake up device (In fact trying to use up/down keys on remote "which normally use to know where i am in kodi when waking up" causes kodi GUI to move up and down on TV screen? Seen this before occasionally, but not been able to re-produce reliably)

CEC log http://sprunge.us/iIXh
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2017-02-02, 20:33)MikeKL Wrote: In the past (Krypton builds..) I could always wake up kodi from remote if tv and reciever switched on and focused on using rpi2 kodi device.
With more recently LibreELEC builds always needed to use bluetooth keyboard to perform wake up from idle of kodi and then TV remote could take over control of kodi.

I can confirm this. That's why I had to fully deactivate any of the power saving / idle options in libreelec's CEC menu for recent builds. Thus (or plus...? not sure if there is a causal connection) my AVR never goes into standby with recent builds, no matter if "silent audio signal output" is active or not, even if there is no audio output for a very long time...
(2017-02-02, 18:54)MMXT Wrote:
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # vcgencmd version
Feb  1 2017 19:33:36
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 050e503bc4b4d793a0979e1aca00f1512c8fc391 (clean) (release)

Yes, that looks like the correct firmware. It has cleanup 13 reverted which most users have reported as fixing the problem.

Could you confirm if the builds from this post have the problem or not?
(2017-02-02, 19:41)MMXT Wrote: @MatteN Do you have a similiar problem? Do you have working CEC right after you updated to #0201 and then when your TV goes into standby and after you turn TV back on CEC is lost and you cannot reselect kodi as source until reboot and / or update CEC settings via libreelec menu?

For me this is really annoying because with working CEC I only need my TV's remote. I turn on TV, TV turns on AVR and AVR realizes kodi as active CEC source and sets kodi as active hdmi. So I only need my TV remote to manage through libreelec menues.

2. after/during restart I need my AVR's remote or AVR app to switch back from wrong hdmi source to kodi

MMT, you might want to pick up a RF remote keyboard/mouse combo. They are not expensive and make for much easier navigation in some menus. I can not exit photo slideshow without the keyboard. I have not been able to program any remote button to precisely execute an ESC. For just playing some Santana the remote is fine.
(2017-02-02, 22:17)bill_orange Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 19:41)MMXT Wrote: @MatteN Do you have a similiar problem? Do you have working CEC right after you updated to #0201 and then when your TV goes into standby and after you turn TV back on CEC is lost and you cannot reselect kodi as source until reboot and / or update CEC settings via libreelec menu?

MMT, you might want to pick up a RF remote keyboard/mouse combo. They are not expensive and make for much easier navigation in some menus. I can not exit photo slideshow without the keyboard. I have not been able to program any remote button to precisely execute an ESC. For just playing some Santana the remote is fine.

I have such a remote but for me the problem is, without working CEC my AVR "loses focus" on libreelec as source. I don't know how to explain better. So every time I listen to music (which I do alot using libreelec) I turn my TV off (because TV consumes up to 120W when running). With working CEC my AVR (X1000 from Denon) keeps focus on libreelec as source, there is just a very short interruption when the TV goes into standby and AVR rearranges hdmi passthrough. Then when i.e. after 1 hour I decide to choose another playlist, I turn the TV on for a few minutes, using GUI to select tracks, playlist, whatever and turn the TV off again and so on during the evening.
Now with not properly working CEC everytime I turn off my TV I not only lose the ability to use the TV remote until I reboot but also will my AVR no longer recognize libreelec as active source playing my music and therefor switches back to TV's own audio signal (ARC doesn't work for me, so I have TV sound connected via spdif to my AVR). As TV is off, obviously I cannot listen to (not existing) audio from TV and will have to manually reselect kodi as source.
Then, when I turn TV on again (to select another track, playlist, ...) once again AVR doesn't recognize libreelec as active source and once again switches audio signal back to TV and so on and so on...
That's why it now is so annoying for me to use recent testbuilds. If it *only* was lack of ability to use my TV's remote I'd like it better and simply would use a wireless keyboard or the kore app until the bug is fixed. But - as someone else already wrote - broken CEC prevents AVR from keeping focus on kodi as well. Undecided
#0201 with ref to previous post and with files overwritten from provided "firmware_050e503b.zip"

Quote: vcgencmd version
Feb 1 2017 19:33:36
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 050e503bc4b4d793a0979e1aca00f1512c8fc391 (clean) (release)

CEC Log after using TV remote to succesfully navigate kodi and then CEC log couple of minutes later after switching to another hdmi device, switching back to rpi2 and tv remote again moving GUI up/down TV screen rather than operating GUI when using up down keys on remote etc.

Where only way to resolve and get TV remote working correctly again with kodi GUI is to reboot rpi2 etc.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0202: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.7 #1 Thu Feb 2 21:03:15 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  2 2017 17:19:02
version a49d05c05dd25ee2d5654dd6f5cf69092313c61e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170202210210-#0202-g8d14fdd [Build #0202]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:d829753). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (8d14fdd6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (692ad97c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. LibreELEC 9.0 (some addons may not be available until the 9.0 repository is created)
  2. New firmware (update CEC code clenaup 13)
  3. PR:11603: [Fix] Use lower case table names in query
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 2):
    • firmware: CEC: Update CEC code cleanup 13: logical addr allocation to 020217
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • systemd: make standard systemctl commands work again (PR:1234, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • glibc: preserve symlinks when copying libs to initramfs (PR:1259, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.9.7 (PR:1265, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • pulseaudio: update to 10.0 (PR:1264, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • libdrm: update to 2.4.75 (PR:1263, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mesa: update to 13.0.4 (PR:1262, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • cleanup: avoid using find command to determine package directory (PR:1251, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
    • alsa-utils: fix man build in same enviroments (PR:1249, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mysql: fixes debug build for aarch64 (PR:959, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • game-tools: initial add-on (PR:1024, 5 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Retroplayer Emulators (PR:1026, 125 commits, 186 files changed)
    • Retroplayer support add-ons (PR:1027, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Retroplayer Support Scripts (PR:1028, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • config: set OS/repo version to 9.0 (PR:1201, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • kodi: update to Kodi 18 alpha 1 (PR:1186, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • kodi-binary-addons: update to latest versions, bring kodi 18a1 up to date. (PR:1268, 3 commits, 92 files changed)
    • bluez: set AutoEnable policy (PR:1256, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libressl: update to 2.4.5 - security patches (f93a6be2)
    • tex: changes to remove tex dependencies (7487ed9f)
    • kodi-binary-addons: bump missed addons (#1269) (f4d38b84)
  3. XBMC:
    • Addon Caching fix #Moving Addon Caching from Krypton to Master #11582, and create archive_cache dir from #11561 to master (PR:11598, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Addon caching enabled (2dafbe18)
      • Addon Caching- Launch from Fav. (e0215a37)
      • create archive_cache if not exists (c282ea04)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1266: merge Virtual project into Generic
    • Added: [pkg] PR:11603: [Fix] Use lower case table names in query
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
CEC works again for me when swittching input with #0202

thanks popcornmix
(2017-02-02, 21:38)popcornmix Wrote: Could you confirm if the builds from this post have the problem or not?

With 11,12,13 reverted: No CEC disconnect after turning off TV and no CEC disconnect after switching TV input source (I don't have cable/sat connected, so I tested this by using the TV's internal (crappy) youtube app for a while and then switched back to kodi). So 11,12,13 reverted working fine with newest #0201 release for me. I even did not have to power off from mains, it is working for me right after patching firmware with reverted stuff.
Code:
LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20170201223352-#0201-g9163913
LibreELEC git: 91639134df74dcca210dc7007b8b35f3787bbaf7
Jan 28 2017 17:55:26
version 326ce4379abb2071c0e05ce5fe22ac171a2a2660 (clean) (release)

With 12,13 reverted: CEC working exactly as I wish. Not only does connection exist after switching TV input source or after turning TV off and on, but now my AVR immediately switches back hdmi signal to "kodi" right after I turn on my TV (which always causes a very short audio and CEC disconnect when AVR switches to "Samsung TV" but now it immediately recognizes "kodi" as active source and switches back and that's how it has been before for me).
So 12, 13 reverted working fine for me, even better than 11, 12, 13 reverted I think.
Code:
Jan 28 2017 17:15:41
version 8ae313f6cbc4b452ccb3b57a0ffc1d6ea434825c (clean) (release)

I think I tried reverted 13 several times during the last days, but I'll give it another try. So here we go...
Code:
Jan 28 2017 17:01:24
version 843732173c418ad303b7940e1ee92e37d556de8d (clean) (release)

Okay, with reverted 13 same as before: CEC stops working right after signal switch or standby. Same CEC problem for me as unmodified #0201.

I hope this will help to enlighten things a bit.
I am sorry I didn't upload logfiles, but it is very late for me here and during the whole test I didn't check if and if yes, which log level I had activated via config.txt...
I could post some logs tomorrow if this should be neccassary.

Edit: Oops, another release while I was writing. I will update this post as soon as I will test if new release will be working for me out of the box, but I'm not sure if this will be today Smile

@Milhouse @popcornmix
Yes, with #0202 CEC is working fine for me, too Smile AVR keeps focus, TV off/on re-recognizes "kodi", everything fine so far
Big Grin *

*) and I of course mean it is working fine for me without having to use reverted firmware
I'll give 0202 a try tonight when i get back home.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24