Win Kodi 17 slow when seeking video
(2016-12-05, 11:02)oopled Wrote: I had this problem, worked around it by disabling DXVA2 renderer

I am using the latest Kodi 17 nightly and I can confirm this as well when DXVA2 renderer is enabled it does indeed take longer to buffer video!

I hope this will be fixed in the near future.
I don't think I want to disable DXVA2. Hardware decoding consumes much less battery.
I'm also able to reproduce the issue in Beta 7.

Unfortunately, disabling DXVA2 is a painful workaround. For me, the biggest advantage of Kodi 17 is being able to play 4K videos. But after disabling DXVA2, 4K videos stutter and play out of sync with audio (my i5 CPU is simply not able to handle them without help from the GPU).

It's not showstopper bug but I do hope the team will consider fixing it for the final build.
I have been using beta7 and the delay, which is very noticable and not present in Jarvis, is 1. to 2 secs now.
Imho this is a very important glitch to iron out as it has an huge impact on thr user experience.
I will go without hw acc for now, but i sure hope is being looked into. Certainly a regression as it is now.
(2016-12-21, 19:52)Atreyu Wrote: I have been using beta7 and the delay, which is very noticable and not present in Jarvis, is 1. to 2 secs now.
Imho this is a very important glitch to iron out as it has an huge impact on thr user experience.
I will go without hw acc for now, but i sure hope is being looked into. Certainly a regression as it is now.

Yes it's very annoying I hope it will be fixed soon.
Still no update on whether this issue has been ironed out ?
same problem here with every version of Kodi 17 :/
absolutely no problem with Kodi 16.1.
Actually , for me , kodi 17 is more an Alpha than a real RC Sad
I would love if this gets fixed for Krypton.
I note most of the posts are using the proprietary MPC-HC as a barometer for performance against Kodi, check with VLC which uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFmpeg the same as Kodi and you should be able to achieve this level of performance with Kodi. If VLC is still an issue, then look at either using MPC-HC as an external player or switch to something like Linux for an instant boost of over 50% in your computer power.

OTH: dump it all for libelec.
Just installed Released candidate 3 and did a quick test and looks like this has been fixed. I enabled DXVA and tried skipping around a video and it didn't buffer like before.
Very stoked this was fixed.

Re-installed Kodi a week ago after trying it about 18 months ago. Good lord, the improvements since then. But that seek delay (now fixed) was becoming a deal-killer. So glad it was addressed.

I'm really cheesed about this project, esp. seeing the response of the devs. I think I've found my nerd-worthy media system.

Thanks to the devs and forum folk. Looking forward to getting to know Kodi and the add-ons.
I concur that the issue has been addressed and is almost non-existent to the point that I can now start using Kodi again.
This was a main issue that kept me from using it on main systems. Looks like i'll be giving it another shot :-)
Great very happy to hear this has been fixed i'll have to test it later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 slow when seeking video1