Kodi v16.1 Crashing on Startup
@Martijn

v17 has the same problem.

15.2 works fine but the Nemesis build I wanted isn't working on it.
@Martin Thanks for the heads up and extra pointers "this is the default file we use to get the addon repo list"

@Undercola Thought it might all come down to this "builds' are frowned on.
(2016-12-04, 20:49)PatK Wrote: @Martin Thanks for the heads up and extra pointers "this is the default file we use to get the addon repo list"

@Undercola Thought it might all come down to this "builds' are frowned on.

Oh thanks @PatK, I had no idea.

I only attempted to use Jarvis for the build as I've been using XBMC/Kodi as it is for the last few years. I'll continue to do so on Isengard, but as with every software, it's nice to use the latest version and it's a shame v16 or 17 won't work for me. I hope that someone does eventually figure out what is causing the issue and I know I'm not alone - I have seen others talking about this from my Google searches and it seems some people believe it to be graphics card related. Happy to stick with 15.2 for now with hope that someone out there can figure this out!

Happy to provide more info or try some stuff out if anyone has any other ideas.
Hi Undercola,

Please try turning on MFAA on your Nvidia Graphics card in the Nvidia control panel as per the attached thread. I know it fixes the GTX 960 and GTX 970 crashing Kodi. Maybe your problem aswell.
Also if this is the problem you will need to turn it on after each Nvidia update, as default is off.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...on+startup
(2016-12-05, 20:32)dasco Wrote: Hi Undercola,

Please try turning on MFAA on your Nvidia Graphics card in the Nvidia control panel as per the attached thread. I know it fixes the GTX 960 and GTX 970 crashing Kodi. Maybe your problem aswell.
Also if this is the problem you will need to turn it on after each Nvidia update, as default is off.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...on+startup

I have the GTX 960 and turning on MFAA has solved everything.

Thank you, I'm surprised it has taken so long for a solution so simple to come out of this - hopefully this appears in searches and helps a lot of others too.
@dasco: Do you have a suggestion to fixing this problem when i have a AMD radeon HD 8750m graphic card instead??
Sorry Razaq,

I have the Nvidia graphics card, i struggled to find a solution for the constant crashing until Kodi member sttephen posted his findings. Alarm bells sound when anyone posts Kodi crashing on start up and they have a Nvidia card in thir debug log. Therfore i am only able to point certain people with a particular setup to this solution. However if you post a debug log someone more knowledgable than myself maybe able to help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v16.1 Crashing on Startup0