Bug UNABLE TO CONNECT
There seems to be a bug between KODI and OpenELEC when determining network status and establishing connections to new sources.

First, before there is lots of suggestions on disabling proxies, etc., an existing network connection is confirmed and working. In network settings, a wireless network is connected; has successfully negotiated a DHCP address, with a working mask and gateway; and KODI is delayed from starting until the network is established.

The network connection was further tested by making an SSH connection to a OpenELEC shell, and from there, making a subsequent connection from the OpenELEC OS to the source computer. This all being done using the same port, protocol, source and destination IP address, as would be used when adding a source from KODI. The connection works (as do pings).

From KODI, adding a SSH/SFTP source, using the same connection settings as the above test, results in an error:

Quote:
UNABLE TO CONNECT

The connection to the network location couldn't be established. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

"This could be do" implies to me that KODI cannot actually do a network connection test, and this error is a just a general fail message. In any case, there is a network, and SSH/SFTP connections are possible.

Here's what's interesting. The same error message comes up with UPNP sources... but only 9 times out of 10. This is how I am currently using KODI (and its not so hot because a lot of features like IMDB info are missing) and the source fails after a reboot. The only solution is to delete the source, and add a new source... which fails nearly all the time. Usually between 5 and 10 attempts results in the source working.

Based on the failures above, KODI must have either received a bad response from the OS, or (what I'm guessing) made a bad attempt. I'd even bet that it's related to a time out because UPNP works, occasionally.

Any suggestions? ...I'd add some debug info if someone could point out the steps.

Thanks!
debug log (wiki)
Thanks @UsefulG

http://pastebin.com/2Wn0SunT

A user and password were provided in the add source dialog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UNABLE TO CONNECT0