Req Kodi's Own PVR
Hello. I've been using Kodi on Windows and Android for about 2 years now.
I use an HDhomerun Prime along with Kodi, but I would like to see the PVR feature for Kodi have the inclusion through Kodi to record as a pvr.
I see that Plex is now doing this, so I'm hoping to see Kodi make this same feature.

Yes, I'm aware of the many backend pvrs for Kodi, but I am hoping to not have to go through all those hoops to have a great pvr.
For about a year I used the Windows Media Center (WMC) but now I record with a TV Junkie plugin for HDhomerun.
I wish that Kodi could just do the backend for recording as well. Any chance on that being coded?
Don't think so. Those backends are huge projects by itself. To big to integrated into kodi imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HDHomeRun would be doable since the network tuner takes care of most of the work. Recordings can be triggered by using the HTTP API to the tuner, and Kodi would then just save the resulting file. I think someone was experimenting around with this, but I don't have a link handy.
That was me. You can manually schedule recordings in cron and save it to a local disk. It would be great if this simple recording method was integrated into one of the PVR front-ends. Setting recordings via the EPG and managing timers through Kodi would be more user friendly and you wouldn't have to deal with the complexity/reliability of a backend.

However, I've stopped using this method on my Pi 2 since 1080i recordings would always stutter. I think it's just too slow, but the Pi 3 might work better?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi's Own PVR0