v18 Chorus2 Settings not saved globally / cross-browser
I don't know if this is just an issue I'm having, but when I change the settings in Chorus2, save them and open the web interface in another web browser or on another device, the default settings are loaded. Shouldn't the settings be saved to an XML file or something?

But other than that, I'm very happy with this new default web interface. I also like the "Stream to Browser" feature. Can anyone explain me how this works? Would it also work over the Internet (like Plex Wink)?
hi,

you can do that over the internet (if you know a bit what you are doing) but it's extremely dangarous to do it, because it's quite easy to gain access to the data on your device. it's something you just should not do. better would be to do it over ssh, but it might be a bit to tight for multimedia streaming, never tried...

about the settings: as far as i know (don't know for 100%) it stores settings in local storage, which is bound to the browser and site. so no, it's not possible.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Ok, maybe I sounded like a beginner, but I'm not actually. I have a HTPC with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, which is just for Kodi, so it has no sensitive data on it. I know that it could be risky making the web interface available from the internet. I wish there was a HTTPS option. But I know how to do it, I'd just forward the port 8080 to my HTPC on my router.

What I'm asking is how exactly does the browser streaming feauture work (what protocol, what are the technical requirements to make this work, like audio/video format, source protocols SMB/NFS/UPNP all compatible)?

About the settings; I just checked my local storage in Firefox. You are right, it is stored there. So why isn't it saved in a configuration file in Kodi? I guess I'm not the only one using the web interface on more than one device. In fact many people will probably use it on their PC and phone, since Chorus2 is responsive. If one of the developers read this, can you please change this?
Hey sibu

Chorus uses this http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Fi...reDownload to get a file - the same method it uses for downloading, it essentially prepares a web accessable url for the media you are accessing. It uses soundmanager2 for the blackback library which is really just a JS wrapper for html5 audio. It will work remotely but as tuxfuxch said, use with care.

The settings (and playlists/thumbs up) are in local storage, currently Kodi doesn't provide a way of storing arbitrary data like settings via the api. As soon as it does I'll be sure to add it to chorus, it's something I would love too! For now all settings are per browser.
Hi jez500, thanks for the answer, I assume this explains why the playlist created on a browser is not available in another.

Any idea on where to find thos local storage data ?

I want to move the playlist I've created from Firefox to Chrome but was not able to find where the data were stored.

Many thanks,

ck
Hi ckone3

You can see localstorage in chrome > dev tools > application > local storage.

A better solution might be saving your playlist and putting it in Kodi's playlist folder, it will then be available to all browsers and the Kodi UI.
Go to playlists menu in chorus, select playlist, click 3 dots, export list, save to http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists#Pl...r_location
Author of Chorus
I've create songs playlist using Mozilla Firefox v56.
any idea where's the local storage? I search for the playlist but not found in userdata folder.
thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus2 Settings not saved globally / cross-browser0