17 beta 6 on FireTV 2nd Gen - audio issues
I've read the sticky about API 22, but I don't think this is related.

Hardware:
FireTV2

TV: Sony BRAVIA KDL46HX800
Dolby: Dolby Digital

LG soundbar NB3740 (Spec sheet here http://www.lg.com/us/support/products/do...0Sheet.pdf)
AUDIO FORMATS listed as supported for the sound bar
LPCM •
Dolby® Digital •
Dolby® Digital Plus •
DTS® 2.0 •
FLAC (Up to 192kHz) •
MP3 •
WMA •
MPEG2 AAC

Setup: FireTV2 HDMI > TV
LG soundbar NB3740 SPDIF > TV

Several of my sons videos I've AAC encoded using default settings in Handbrake, but when I play in Kodi either the audio is silent for two or three seconds then turns on, or it never does. To get the audio back, I must rotate through the input sources on the soundbar to get back to HDMI for the audio to work. This didn't happen on 16.1

I chose to "reset audio back to default" and thought it worked, but it started again just an hour or so later.

Someone mind helping me find the proper settings for my setup?
That is very strange. AAC audio should play without issue. But who know on the FireTVs anymore. I'm really frustrated with Krypton on Android. As far as passthrough for DTS, they essentially intentionally broke support for it since API 22 (Lollipop) doesn't "officially" support it. Newest FireTV update that is about to come out and have a whole new user interface is STILL based on Lollipop. I'm losing faith in KODI on the Android platform.

But back to your issue. Smile So you are using ToSLink/SPDIF for audio from the TV going out to the Soundbar? And HDMI audio out of FireTV into the TV?

I would first check audio settings in the FireTv to ensure it is set to us HDMI for audio. Second, I would check the Sound Settings in your TV menu. I'm think that issue here lies not with your sound bar, but possibly with the audio formats support by you TV.

If your soundbar has an HDMI input, could you test if the issue still exists by connecting to the soundbar via HDMI? This typically requires 2 HDMI cables, FireTV --> Soundbar input & Soundbar output to TV HDMI input. Obviously your soundbar must have support for HDMI video switching for this to work. I'm thinking the TV is having issues trying to process the AAC audio stream.
I figured it out. After fiddling with all the settings for audio on the FireTV and in KODI, the answer was in the Video section. I disabled Sync Playback to Display and that took care of it! Strange, huh?
Nope - not strange. Most likely you have chosen 6 pcm channels or something, but your SPDIF can only output 2.0 pcm channels. Now it works again as AC3 is output. A simple Debug Log would have shown the issue. When Sync Playback to Display is active PT audio is decoded (if not 2.0 pcm channels and ac3 transcoding enabled)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17 beta 6 on FireTV 2nd Gen - audio issues0