Exclude folder from Library
I can not exclude the Extras directory so it does not scan it. I have modified the advancedsettings file as follows:

<Video>
<Excludefromscan>
<Regexp> -trailer </ regexp>
<Regexp> [! -._ \\ /] Extras [-._ \\ /] </ regexp>
</ Excludefromscan>
</ Video>
But still detect the Extras folder and put it in the library.
Someone help me?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-12-18, 15:15)judocama Wrote: I can not exclude the Extras directory so it does not scan it. I have modified the advancedsettings file as follows:

<Video>
<Excludefromscan>
<Regexp> -trailer </ regexp>
<Regexp> [! -._ \\ /] Extras [-._ \\ /] </ regexp>
</ Excludefromscan>
</ Video>
But still detect the Extras folder and put it in the library.
Someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

You have extra spaces there. Try this-
Code:
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp> -trailer </regexp>
    <regexp> [! -._ \\ /] Extras [-._ \\ /] </regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Or this one.. case sensitive though.

Code:
<video>
<excludefromscan>
        <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
       <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
    <!-- VideoExtras: Section Start -->
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <!-- VideoExtras: Section End -->
</video>
Thanks a lot,

After doing a recursive search when I go back to doing a normal search it detects me all the Extras directories again.
I clean the path but always find them again

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
If there isn't videos in the sub folder, the scanner will by-pass... ergo: top folder scans, sub folder with video does, sub folder with more sub folders and videos do not. If all the meta-data is place, the sub folder will manually scrape lickiddy split. How have you laid up your hierarchical definition. Video management (wiki)
I have my folders so:

Title (year)/Extras/ Title (year).Bluray-Cd2.iso (Here I have an iso of a bluray whose 2 discs are extras without any folder for the addon "extras" to recognize it
Are you expecting that files in the 'extras' folder will have icons and meta-data? Accessing the extras would be done through file mode or some skin facility of extras. It might be better to just scrape each .iso and use the rename facility to designate disk 1, 2 3 etc.

Typical movie folder:-> 'Starwars' inside of that, would be Starwars.ext, Starwars-poster.jpg, Starwars-fanart.jpg, Starwars.nfo, and the folder Extras, with anything inside, but Kodi would not have this extra content in the library. This thread may interest you http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=37692 Naming video files/Movies (wiki)
I actually put in the extras folder the disk 2 of a bluray that only contains extras and different versions of the same film (for example extended versions etc ...) but you might be right and leave the second disk in the directory where I have the first and rename it according to wiki. By the way I have noticed that when there are two disks in iso and you give it to play does not collect the metadata, is there any way to solve that? Thanks for your help.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders not work?
I use that

Use the "Exclude folder from scans" option when the content type is set to "none"

Place a file (even an empty one) named .nomedia in the directory you want to exclude.

Note: Windows users should name the file .nomedia. which will trick Windows into using the proper .nomedia name.

But don,t work
I'm sort of hijacking this thread to ask you experts for help with a similar issue I'm having trying to hide any trailer file using advancedsettings.xml in my Fire TV Stick with no luck. It's all explained in this thread, including photos of what I mean.

Thanks in advance!
@Razor1973

Please don't highjack threads, your case might look similar but could be quite different. I've replied to you in this thread mentioned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude folder from Library0