Unable to connect to SMB
I am running Kodi 16.1, the computer I am trying to access a shared folder from is a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6

I have successfully accessed SMB sharing from my Macbook running Yosemite 10.10 but cannot get it to work via the Imac running El Capitan. The sharing options are turned on and are identical to
what I have running on my macbook but everytime i try to connect it either says "connection timed out" or "operation not permitted". I have tried connecting via IP address as well as the SMB name.

I believe it might be the version of OSX I am running that is preventing the connection. Has anyone else been sucessful in sharing SMB to Kodi via El Capitan? It sucks I cant just search for active
SMB servers on the network through the browse options as I could if I had a windows PC. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Update: I set up a user name and password for the SMB server. I know it works because I was able to connect to it via my macbook.

It still does not work on Kodi, I am getting a "Broken Pipe" Error, I have no idea what that even means

But it does say there is a MAC discovery for the IP address correlated to my imac.
Are you using homegroup or sharing properly via smb?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to SMB0