Kodi in OpenELEC crashes when opening EPG
Hi,

today I purchased a new RasPi 3 and installed OpenELEC latest 7.0.0 stable version. I also installed the DVBViewer Addon and inserted the necessary data (IP of my server on which the Recording Service (version 1.32.0.0) is running etc.).

When I reboot OpenELEC, it starts collecting my channel data from the Recording Service. However, when I open the Live TV tab in Kodi, Kodi freezes and reboots after some, let's say 15 to 20, seconds.

So I can't watch TV and don't know why. Also have an Intel NUC here running the older OpenELEC 6.something version on which the DVBViewer Addon works without problems.

Any ideas?

--
Edit: I updated to the latest DVBViewer and Recording Service - now I can at least watch TV. However, Kodi still crashes when I change channels, or more precisely, when I come from an SD channel to an HD channel or when I select and HD channel right away. It seems to be overcharged with HD material. In addition the RasPi 3 seems way slower than the RasPi 2 which I used to use in my bedroom as htpc...kind of disappointed.
Hi, Openelec is bugged and i heard about much bugs. OE 7 was released yesterday without further testing.
Just update to Libreelec using this image to SMB -> Update folder.
You can update to LE 8 if they are ready with testing.
http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-R...-7.0.2.tar
there should be no problem to migrate to Libreelec and it keep your whole configuration.
Yes, doesn't look PVR related to me. However if you have a stacktrace for me I can tell you if the PVR is involved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in OpenELEC crashes when opening EPG0