Win Kodi v17 RC Add-on problems
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...n_fix1.exe will be available in ~30 minutes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Paxxi
Good thing that you was able to reproduce the problem, hope that you find the solution to it also without to much work.
I will check in here to see if and when you have a build for me to try.
And I did file trac ticket for this, #17243.
(2017-01-17, 20:04)Paxxi Wrote: @w0rn your issue with username is a separate issue that I'm working on fixing, I managed to reproduce it from this thread or a trac ticket you filed? Everything's a bit blurred currently.

@gibxxi That's good news that disabling the antivirus solved it. Now we know the cause, just trying to figure out how to work around it as disabling antivirus isn't a workable solution no matter how much I loathe them Smile

I started a test build that should be called addon_fix1 available in a little while here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/ . It would be great if @gibxxi and anyone else having the antivirus issue can try it out and see if there's any difference. This build won't solve your issue @w0rn so you don't need to test it unless you really want to.

/nitpick I specifically wrote 3rd party antivirus as defender is included and very seldom cause any issues like the brand name ones as they're much more aggressive in their scanning/intrusiveness Smile

Thanks Paxxi. Like I said, I can't be 'absolutely' sure the AV settings weren't having a bearing on addon installs on Jarvis, since I did occasionally get addon updates that for some reason didn't install first time around and then ended up in the 'available updates' category. This may also be down to other factors though, like the fact the different parts of my network are connected over Powerline Networking. What I do know is, that while not completely fixed, modifying McAfee to be less forceful in it's scanning of newly created files and setting it to only scan programs & documents has had a positive effect. What McAfee actually considers 'programs & documents' to be, I can't tell as it doesn't seem to provide a list of what file-types it's actually scanning. There is a fair chance it will consider archives as 'documents', so who knows.

I will test your new version when I get time, but will be working for the next 4 days, so it's unlikely to be soon.

Gib.
Thanks Martijn

Your file "KodiSetup-20170117-0059c32-addon_fix1.exe" is SUPER Big Grin

On my NB with Win10 x64 I stopped ESED Smart Security 9

then I made clear installation and all addons instalation without messages "addon Install issue-Failed to install a dependency"

Thanks
Can you please share a log where Addons get installed so we can see what's happening?
LOG REMOVED
That's not a Debug Log. Please enable debugging and use the loguploader add-on
@w0rn @rkrisi can you try this build and see if it solves your issues?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...ff_fix.exe
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
@Paxxi

Installed it clean without any left from prior installations and everything regarding my problems is working without any error message.
Can download addons and skins, change skins.
And one more thing that I didn't think of before was that I wasn't able to change to swedish as main language before, now is that also possible.
Thank you Paxxi, great work!
Seems to be working then. Thank you all for reporting and helping to test the proposed fixes!
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2017-01-23, 12:00)Paxxi Wrote: @w0rn @rkrisi can you try this build and see if it solves your issues?

Thank you really much, now everything works as expected Smile

Ps.: how can I add custom repository to this version of Kodi?

Thanks
(2017-01-23, 12:00)Paxxi Wrote: @w0rn @rkrisi can you try this build and see if it solves your issues?

I have just got round to having another look at this, and decided to test the latest custom build posted (above), although it wasn't specifically to fix my issue. I can however confirm, with McAfee Enabled, on a fresh config (temporarily renamed the portable_data folder) it installed TITAN and it's myriad of dependancies without skipping a beat.

Therefore I would tentatively say, I think this might be a good fix. If I get any further issues i'll post here with a new debug log, assuming I can't nail it down to something I can fix myself, which is not dependant on altered code.

Gib.
(2017-01-23, 23:13)rkrisi Wrote:

Thank you really much, now everything works as expected Smile

Ps.: how can I add custom repository to this version of Kodi?

Thanks

Assuming your using the default skin (Estuary), scroll down the main menu, and select the 'Add-ons' item. Then scroll up to the 'Open Box' icon at the top of this sub-menu, and scroll across to 'Install from Zip File'. At this point, you may get a dialog box warning you that 3rd Party Add-on installations are disabled. In this case, select the 'Settings' option, then on the next screen, enable installation of 3rd-party add-ons. You will get another dialog box and another warning. Accept it and the setting will be enabled. Then simply 'backspace' back to the screen where 'Install from Zip file' is shown, and choose that item to install your 3rd-party add-on repo.

Kodi installs 3rd Party add-ons in the same way as it installs general add-ons. Once your 3rd-party repository is installed, simply go back and select 'Install from repository' and you will be given a choice of which (installed) repository you wish to install add-ons from. This screen only becomes available with at least one 3rd-party repository installed. Otherwise you will be taken to the built-in Kodi repo automatically.

Gib.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17 RC Add-on problems0