Unique genres for Playlists.
Hello guys! So I'v been playing around trying to organize my media. And as for now I'v separated everything into 5 sections. I have -Animations -Movies -Tv Shows -Anime Movies -Anime Shows. I took the main "Movies" and "Tv Shows" out of the main menu and Instead I placed Playlists there. The 5 ones I mentioned above. Very happy with the result since now everything Is separated nicely. One last thing that would make everything even better would be having personalised submenu voices. What I mean with is that If you are into the "Anime Movies" Playlist and you go into the "Genres" submenu you get results for only the material that is inside that playlist (that is linked to the Drive path). I don't know if there is a way doing this with Rules but I'm not aware of it. OR if you guys know a better way about organizing media please let me know!
Maybe have a look at using video nodes (wiki) and the library nodes editor add-on as an alternative to playlists?

The movies and TV shows are examples of such nodes.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-03, 15:53)DarrenHill Wrote: Maybe have a look at using video nodes (wiki) and the library nodes editor add-on as an alternative to playlists?

The movies and TV shows are examples of such nodes.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks alot and Happy New Year to you sir Smile
@DarrenHill I managed to make it work for a moment puting random Rules, but I did a default reset to remake it and now it doesn't work anymore... I don't know what Rules to use at this point. Can you please take a look at the video I recorded?
Basicly what I want to achieve is complete separation between Nodes. So Movies shouldn't appear on Anime node at any point.

Starting to realise this is very bugged... Or I'm just stupid.
Try path contains or path starts with, not path is.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-04, 11:07)DarrenHill Wrote: Try path contains or path starts with, not path is.

DO you have any idea where this data is saved? So I don't have to redo everything when I reinstall
The default ones are in the system/library folder - see the table in the wiki link in my first post.

Ones you create should be in the library folder within your userdata (wiki) folder (see section 3 of the wiki link).

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unique genres for Playlists.0