Win Duplicate movies and tv episodes after upgrade to Kodi 17
(2020-11-19, 20:53)Chizad Wrote: Here is my full log.

"Not Found (#404)"
Check the URL again.
(2020-11-19, 21:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 20:53)Chizad Wrote: Here is my full log.
https://pastebin.com/00F5540G8.5.2
It is a dead link. Try Kodi Paste Site

Also provide a list of the files and folders contained in the rar file.

Here is the log when I allow a scan with RAR Archive Support Disabled. This allows it to not crash.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ogemixulup.kodi

Here is the log when it errors.
https://paste.kodi.tv/zorawazaqu.kodi

I did notice that it seems to look the same every time when it errors out. Seems to always Fail on "Yesterday". I will try unpacking it, deleting the RAR and see if that helps anything?8.5.2
You did not enable debug mode, so there is not enough info in the log. Try again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-19, 21:45)Karellen Wrote: You did not enable debug mode, so there is not enough info in the log. Try again.
"Document exceeds maximum length"

Any alternatives?
(2020-11-20, 00:04)Chizad Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 21:45)Karellen Wrote: You did not enable debug mode, so there is not enough info in the log. Try again.
"Document exceeds maximum length"

Any alternatives?
There are roughly 28,000 rows by the way.
Is the fact that there are this many rows in a log itself a problem?

Right now, for whatever reason, I can't have RAR Archive Support enabled on Kodi without it crashing.

Is this not a problem for anyone else? Would it be possible to do a clean install (I don't know how that's done), but still retain the info from the WatchedList addon?

I'm starting to think I need to downgrade back to Krypton and just never ever leave it. Later versions just simply do not work for me. I tried to upgrade to Leia over a year ago and had a very similar problem, and it doesn't look like there's a solution. I'm wondering if I should jump up to the Matrix beta or if it will still have the same problems?8.5.2
(2020-11-20, 05:32)Chizad Wrote: Is the fact that there are this many rows in a log itself a problem?
It could be. 28,000 is quite large if you restarted Kodi and tried scanning one movie.

Anyway the Kodi Paste Site site accepts around 15,000 lines. So you will need to upload the log to a file sharing site and provide the link.

(2020-11-20, 05:32)Chizad Wrote: have RAR Archive Support enabled
Have you tried the other Archive addon? See if you have better luck with it. Don't have both running at once or they will end up fighting each other.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-20, 05:45)Karellen Wrote: It could be. 28,000 is quite large if you restarted Kodi and tried scanning one movie

How do I only scan one movie? I have automatic scan on startup to get it to crash. I also can manually run "Update Library" under Movies. But I do not know a way to minimize the scan to only try one.
Quote:Have you tried the other Archive addon? See if you have better luck with it. Don't have both running at once or they will end up fighting each other.

I have. It was giving me a standard red x error in the top right during the scan. "Bad" something, but I missed it. Also, when I try to play a RAR'ed movie it just crashes.

I can actually post the verbose log with that add-on enabled.

https://paste.kodi.tv/covutuyuke.kodi8.5.2
(2020-11-20, 06:13)Chizad Wrote: I can actually post the verbose log with that add-on enabled.

https://paste.kodi.tv/covutuyuke.kodi8.5.2
Ok there are two fatal errors in your log. If you search for fatal you will see both of them.

There is something wrong with those archive files. Maybe corrupt? You would need to look into them. Move them out of your library and run your update and see if you still have problems. Keep in mind there may be others.

But on another note, do you really need to keep your media files in rar format? What possible reason do you have for that?

Also, there is no need to run a Library Update every time you start Kodi, unless you are adding movies frequently. To scan a single movie, go to Videos>Files>Your Source, highlight the movie and press i on your keyboard.
My Signature
(2020-11-20, 07:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 06:13)Chizad Wrote: I can actually post the verbose log with that add-on enabled.

covutuyuke.kodi8.5.2 (paste)
Ok there are two fatal errors in your log. If you search for fatal you will see both of them.

There is something wrong with those archive files. Maybe corrupt? You would need to look into them. Move them out of your library and run your update and see if you still have problems. Keep in mind there may be others.

But on another note, do you really need to keep your media files in rar format? What possible reason do you have for that?

Also, there is no need to run a Library Update every time you start Kodi, unless you are adding movies frequently. To scan a single movie, go to Videos>Files>Your Source, highlight the movie and press i on your keyboard.
Thanks, I will take a look at what those fatal files were. Good to know.

I just spent over an hour searching my movie directory for *.rar, then in a separate window, pulling the whole folder out of the directory, into a separate folder. Ended up with 229 folders for movies that are rar'ed. I'm now going to use ExtractNow to unpack every one of these rar files. Then I'm going to search again for .rars in this directory, and delete them. Fingers crossed I don't mess anything up.

Next up, TV show episodes, which I think there are probably even more of in RAR format.

I do not need them to be in rar format. It's just that I already have them and don't want to lose them. With the method I described above, I know I'll lose my watch states, but I guess that's the price I pay.

I do add files pretty regularly, so I prefer the scan on startup.

Hopefully after all of that I can re-enable one of the the Archive add-ons.

Wish me luck.8.5.2
@Chizad

One of the developers pointed me to this... https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.libarchive/i...-553362656

Not sure if it helps in any way, but it might point you in the right direction. I don't use rar at all, so it is not something I can help further with.
My Signature
(2020-11-20, 08:17)Karellen Wrote: @Chizad

One of the developers pointed me to this... https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.libarchive/i...-553362656

Not sure if it helps in any way, but it might point you in the right direction. I don't use rar at all, so it is not something I can help further with.
Trying to follow this, but a bit over my head. So bottom line is Rar support just is not possible with Leia and above? Is that the gist of this?

Back to this:
Quote:Ok there are two fatal errors in your log. If you search for fatal you will see both of them.

Can you tell from reading the log which files it is? There is no file name on the same line as the FATAL error. I assume it is the file a few lines down in each case (Oz The Great & Powerful and Bride of Re-Animator)?

Still working on replacing the unRared files.8.5.2
(2020-11-20, 16:40)Chizad Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 08:17)Karellen Wrote: @Chizad

Trying to follow this, but a bit over my head. So bottom line is Rar support just is not possible with Leia and above? Is that the gist of this?

Back to this:
Quote:Ok there are two fatal errors in your log. If you search for fatal you will see both of them.

Can you tell from reading the log which files it is? There is no file name on the same line as the FATAL error. I assume it is the file a few lines down in each case (Oz The Great & Powerful and Bride of Re-Animator)?

Still working on replacing the unRared files.8.5.2

After deleting ALL Rar files in my library, my Kodi is still crashing with 20,000 lines of code in the log, so I can't share it. This is when the RAR Archiver is enabled. I have disabled it.

By doing so, Rar's WILL NOT run.

I was able to run Clean Library, however, and now the junk entries are gone.

I will update this thread again if/when I'm able to re-add the unRared files.
Sorry, I can't help you any further. Hopefully others that use rar's might chip in.

The only advice I can consistently give you is stop using this antiquated rar file system of storing your media files. Don't you think it crazy that you have 220+ files in your rar, when you could just extract it to a single mkv file and all your problems are gone?
If this was 1992 your method would be a good idea, but we are in 2020 and the limitations that were present in the 1990's don't apply anymore.
My Signature
(2020-11-20, 20:47)Karellen Wrote: Sorry, I can't help you any further. Hopefully others that use rar's might chip in.

The only advice I can consistently give you is stop using this antiquated rar file system of storing your media files. Don't you think it crazy that you have 220+ files in your rar, when you could just extract it to a single mkv file and all your problems are gone?
If this was 1992 your method would be a good idea, but we are in 2020 and the limitations that were present in the 1990's don't apply anymore.

Unfortunately, torrents in 2020 still are regularly packaged this way. It is going to be one more annoying step to search them for rars and unpack them first before moving to my library.

But anyway, I returned to this thread to report that after identifying the Rar'ed files (there were 220+ TITLES, the number of associated files was in the tens of thousands), moving them out of the directory, doing a library clean, extracting all of the files with ExtractNow, moving them back into my library, I lost all of my save states for all of these, but at least my Kodi doesn't crash anymore.

I will just have to continue to make sure to upack any rars before adding the folders to my library directory going forward.

Thanks.8.5.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate movies and tv episodes after upgrade to Kodi 170