v16 Custom Menu
Question 
I can't seem to figure out how to create custom menus.
What i wanna do is the following:
I want a node "Documentation" with submenu entries "Documentation - Single Files" and "Documentation - Series"
I want all Documentations to show up under these entries. They are in separate folders (their name) and again in folders "Documentation - Single Files" and "Documentation - Series" but moving them to other (regular?) folders would not be a problem. Also I have written the genre Documentation to all docu films .nfo-files.
Then I want a node "Movies" that shows movies of all genres except for "Documentation".
I just don't get how to do it. I created an entry but that shows all films because I selected that it's a video node or what I don't know.
I like Aeon Nox (apart from the impossibility to simply change the background pic) but if above is only achievable by another skin i can change...
RPI 3 with OSMC Aeon Nox and KODI 17.5
Sounds like you need to create a Smart PlayList
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Can I create Smart Playlists also when I use .nfo-files only?
if this is the way to follow http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ustom+menu I wonder how I can gain access to the files mentioned therein.
If i read the sdcard on a pc I can't see the respective folders and accessing the card on the rpi gives me just an empty folder "video" inside a folder "playlists"...
You have to make the playlist yourself in Kodi.

Inside of Kodi go to videos then playlist the select new smartphone.... Then you can set all the folders and rules to get what your looking for.

Once you set the playlist up u can customize home menu and set action to open your playlist
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-01-07, 21:36)smitchell6879 Wrote: Inside of Kodi go to videos then playlist the select new smartphone.... Then you can set all the folders and rules to get what your looking for.
This is confusing.
Do you mean I have to go to the videos section of the 'home'-menu or to the video folder as in file manager?
What am I supposed to do with my smartphone?
And I would like to know HOW I can set all the folders and rules to get what I am looking for?
(2017-01-08, 00:35)Quastenflosser Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 21:36)smitchell6879 Wrote: Inside of Kodi go to videos then playlist the select new smartphone.... Then you can set all the folders and rules to get what your looking for.
This is confusing.
Do you mean I have to go to the videos section of the 'home'-menu or to the video folder as in file manager?
What am I supposed to do with my smartphone?
And I would like to know HOW I can set all the folders and rules to get what I am looking for?

That was a typo, 'smitchell6879 meant to say Smart Playlist.

Go to the Video main menu item.

The Smart Playlist (SPL) interface is pretty straight forward.
Select a Type of Movies.
Give the PL a name.
Create a New Rule.
Match Items where: PATH
Chose either CONTAINS or STARTSWITH
Browse to your movie path
You create another rule if you need to add another path
After you save the new SPL you can then add it to the menu by going to Skin Settings->Main menu items (assuming that you're using Estuary skin)
Question 
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry I am not on Kodi 17 yet so it seems I am unable to use the Estuary skin.
However, how would I upgrade? and: am I able to use the skins I have currently installed on Kodi 17 as well? Could I transfer the skin options resp set ups I made on to Kodi 17 and the resp skin on this version?
How stable is this beta release?
Estuary skin is the new default skin that replaces Confluence.

Pretty sure that you can't transfer the skin options from previous, because of the modifications to get skins updated to work with Kyrpton, but I'm not a skinner to know for sure.That being said, in Kyrpton you have to redo settings between skins as they are no longer shared.

I would made a backup of your existing C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC folder. Then assuming that you are still on XBMC, simply do a fresh install of Kodi and start configuring from scratch. If you're already on Kodi, then you should be able to simply update it, but I'm one taking the time do to a fresh install when anything major has changed.

So far, so good for me with stability, but I've only been using Krypton for a few weeks.
(2017-01-07, 19:54)Quastenflosser Wrote: Can I create Smart Playlists also when I use .nfo-files only?
Will this be possible?

(2017-01-09, 00:08)CaptainKen Wrote: I would made a backup of your existing C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC folder. Then assuming that you are still on XBMC, simply do a fresh install of Kodi and start configuring from scratch. If you're already on Kodi, then you should be able to simply update it, but I'm one taking the time do to a fresh install when anything major has changed.
This sound like you are on a Windows machine but I am on OSMC on a RPI. I am on Kodi 16.

I have had a look at the KODI 17 changelog but couldn't find a mention of the function you describe i.e. the Smart Playlist (SPL) interface, CaptainKen. You're sure this works?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu0