Blu Ray TV show Discs to Library
I have some blu-ray tv shows ripped to my drives, Game of Thrones. Season 1 consists of 5 discs. I've ripped each disk to blu ray folder on my hard drive. Is there a way to import the disc into Kodi's TV Show Library, and have it know what episodes are on each disk and play the specific episode when browsing the library?

The function works using JRiver and Particles so I don't have to rip each episode out separately. Just curious how that would work with Kodi? I have a lot of tv shows ripped this way and don't want to start from scratch.
Going by http://kodi.wiki/view/naming_video_files/TV_shows you might need to make some adjustments to the folder naming to get the tv shows into the Library. To then access individual episodes I'm not sure if episode bookmarking feature works with file structure ripping, see http://kodi.wiki/view/Bookmarks_and_chap..._bookmarks
You can register the individual episodes in the library using the folder structure...

Code:
Game of Thrones
  Season 1
    S01E01E02
    S01E03E04
  Season 2

Assuming two episodes per disk. If the first disk contains the first three episodes, say, then name its folder S01E01E02E03

If you tell Kodi the content of the 'Game of Thrones' folder is TV content to be be scraped by TheTVDB.com, a refresh of the library will show each individual episode with its name, description and relevant image. You will also get a season image and description. Each episode will, however, point to the disk rather than the episode so you will still need to navigate the structure to find it (easier for DVDs than Blu Rays). Also the 'watched episode' functionality won't work accurately.

It would be great if you could combine this technique with bookmarking, but I'm not aware of a method for doing that.

Having said that, you could try finding the relevant .m2ts files in the Blu Ray's stream folder and rename them to S01E01.m2ts, S01E02.m2ts - that could work, although the disk menus would stop working. There's no equivalent possibility for DVDs, though since episodes are usually spread across multiple files.

Andy
Actually I do know the .mts files that correspond with the episodes. I went through all that with JRiver when using particles. So I just need to look at my JRiver library to determine the mts file. For TV shows I don't want the menus. Just the episodes. One other question. JRiver allows me to bypass the TV Show intro and specify at what point into the episode to start from. Does Kodi have something similar?
See bookmarking reply above.

Andy
Ok. I guess I'll have to give it a try first and see what happens.

Thanks for the help!
I guess I should ask one more question. How do you handle regular DVD's then if the process above doesn't work for DVD's? All of my shows are blu-ray except for two which are DVD and both are 10 seasons with 20ish episodes per season. I really don't have the time to start ripping those....
I did as you suggested and it partially worked. I did get the episodes imported but definitely can't bookmark the episodes. It seems to let you go through the process but when I try to later select the episode it goes right to the blu-ray main menu.

So, is bookmarks with blu-ray folder structure definitely out not working?
At the moment, Kodi is very much a .MKV (or other 1 animation per file format) centered media player.

Bluray support is sadly at it's infancy.

I'm writing an addon that can solve some problems, but it is not perfect (still a WIP).

It is functional, but has some rough edges.

You can make any .mpls file scrapeable (eg: theatrical and extended cut on same disc, any extras, ...).

The bluray needs to be in iso format.

Try it out: bluray iso utils
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Well, for now I guess I can convert to mkv and see how long that takes...I do have some regular DVD's that are also in folder structure on my NAS. How do I handle those?
(2017-01-09, 19:13)danielBmee Wrote: I guess I should ask one more question. How do you handle regular DVD's then if the process above doesn't work for DVD's? All of my shows are blu-ray except for two which are DVD and both are 10 seasons with 20ish episodes per season. I really don't have the time to start ripping those....

I use the S01E01E02E03 type naming approach for the DVD folders. Again, that gives me episode information but selecting an episode takes me to the relevant DVD menu where I can select the episode I want.

Admit it would be nice to go direct to the episode, but not a big issue for me.

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray TV show Discs to Library0