Backend Processor PI Front End
Hello All,

I would like to know if the following is possible, an if so, does anyone have a guide.

Backend

I wanted to have a backend server with kodi installed and all the applications I want to use. An example being the TV Client for UK Freeview. (I have live TV PVR Working)

Frontend

I want a clean install of Kodi on PI that looks for apps that are installed on a backend server. Pretty much how how the PVR clients work, but for other apps such as games. As I have multiple PI's, I do not want to install all the apps on every device that uses kodi manually, but rather to point the frontend application to use the backend server as a central repository and pulls all the data from there. (This would also mean most of the processing is being done on the backend, as it would just be streaming to the frontend devices)

Does anyone know if this is possible?
No.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hi first time poster, long time lurker. ya with Pi 3 and network boot but there will be a performance hit.
The OP could achieve some of what he wishes now Pi 3s support PXE boot - as you could create common install wtih plugins pre-installed and copy this for each Pi to boot from remotely. (Not for the faint hearted - but doable)

However the 'processing is done on the backend' 'just be streaming to the frontend devices' stuff is a total change to the way Kodi works and unlikely to be on the roadmap I suspect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backend Processor PI Front End0