v17 Weird sound issue
Hi all,
as the title says, I'm having a weird sound issue during playback. The only way I can describe it is a 'blip' sound if that makes any sense. At first, I thought it was due to the latest version of Handbrake that I use to encode my Blu-rays, but after trying another video file that I encoded a while back I get the same issue. It is very subtle and happens every 10 - 20 seconds.
Strange thing is, if the movie has a loud bit when the 'blip' occurs, the 'blip' is louder too. I won't hear it sometimes but once I do I hear it every time it happens if you know what I mean?
I have my setup as follows: Kodi(Minix U1) -> Samsung TV -> Sony Amp, all through HDMI. TV is connected the AMP using ARC.
Could this be a Kodi/Minix issue or perhaps the tv? I've tried changing settings on the audio out of the tv from bitstream to PCM and back again but it makes no difference. I have checked the Minix forums but can't find anything relevant to my issue
I can live with it but it gets annoying and takes away from my viewing experience
Thanks for reading and hopefully someone will have the answer or can at least point me in the right direction.
Minix is all but a reference platform. Further I doubt that you run vanilla Kodi on it. You didn't even tell us what version of Kodi you are running. Do you have a chance to test the same files on a different platform?
I'm not running the Minix XBMC if that's what you're getting at? Far too many issues with that version. I'm running Kodi which I got from the Play Store. No streaming addons either. I only use Kodi to watch my own bluray rips stored on my QNAP NAS.
I do think I solved the issue though (hopefully). I turned the TV settings to Bitsream rather than PCM & messed with the audio output settings in Kodi too and the issue appears to have gone. I still get the other issue of sound dropping (which I forgot to mention in my post) for half a second every 10 minutes or so. I got that in XBMC and have the issue in Kodi too, but I'm not that concerned about it. If I'm getting it in both I'm guessing it is a Minix issue
Out of interest, when you say sound dropping what exactly do you mean?
I only ask, because i was struggling for some time with a very constant -what i experienced as- popping sound every 10 minutes until i changed the ' keep audio device alive' setting to always. In case you missed that which i doubt..
By dropping I mean it cuts out. Very briefly, but enough to miss a word spoken so have to go back 10 seconds to rewatch that bit. Could be important to the plot! Lol.
I have 'Keep audio device alive' set to 1 minute. I'm playing with Plex instead at the moment but I'll give Kodi another go when I get a chance
Thanks for the input. Here's hoping

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird sound issue0