• 31(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
Hi
In Nvidia Shield I get on the right side, just at the height of a circle or semicircle after using applications like SPMC, you know what that is and how it is removed? It leaves at all times in the screen once it appears, just start it is not.
Thank you
(2017-02-21, 09:31)LauraS Wrote: Hi
In Nvidia Shield I get on the right side, just at the height of a circle or semicircle after using applications like SPMC, you know what that is and how it is removed? It leaves at all times in the screen once it appears, just start it is not.
Thank you

I don't know if I understand you right. Did you install "es file explorer"? Try to remove "es file explorer" and use "x-plore" instead.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2017-02-21, 09:38)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 09:31)LauraS Wrote: Hi
Thank you

I don't know if I understand you right. Did you install "es file explorer"? Try to remove "es file explorer" and use "x-plore" instead.

Greetings Hoppel

If you install the "ex file explorer" even if you did not open it after starting, it could be.

Thank you
Q. I am seeing a strange small preview circle on the right centre of the screen ?
Your system is infected !
Its called the free ES File Explorer App. Which has now turned into the most annoying Adware, Bloatware, Spyware App on the Google Play Store. Uninstall it right away and use the X-Plore or Total Commander Apps instead.

Then warn others in the Google Play Store and Vote the ES File Explorer App 1 Star. Sad

(2017-02-21, 09:53)wrxtasy Wrote: Q. I am seeing a strange small preview circle on the right centre of the screen ?
Your system is infected !
Its called the free ES File Explorer App. Which has now turned into the most annoying Adware, Bloatware, Spyware App on the Google Play Store. Uninstall it right away and use the X-Plore or Total Commander Apps instead.

Then warn others in the Google Play Store and Vote the ES File Explorer App 1 Star. Sad

Is cleaning as easy as uninstalling it? Or do something else?

This is the icon:
Just hover over the ES File Explorer App and Long press (ie Hold Down) the middle remote button. The Uninstall Screen section will pop up. Then just Drag ES File Explorer to the Trash Bin. Smile

Thank you very much, when I said that I was ineffective, I thought I should disinfect it after installing it or something.

But if it is simply uninstall better, easier.

It's a shame because it's one of the few Android TV compatible ES File Explorer.
nobody tried to connect multiple external HDD?
Does anyone know if the logitech harmony works well with the Shield? With kodi on ubuntu, harmony just pretends to be a bluetooth-based multimedia keyboard, so if indeed such MM keyboards are supported we should be good?
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
(2017-02-21, 19:59)puntloos Wrote: Does anyone know if the logitech harmony works well with the Shield? With kodi on ubuntu, harmony just pretends to be a bluetooth-based multimedia keyboard, so if indeed such MM keyboards are supported we should be good?

If you have the 2017 non-Pro model you'll need an IR receiver like the FLIRC, but yes it will work. Even better is a Harmony that uses the "Hub" as that can communicate with the Shield via Bluetooth which I prefer. (doesn't need line of site and is a bit faster to respond)

EDIT: I've found there's a device in the Harmony DB under "Microsoft - Kodi" that works really well with the Shield via Bluetooth. I usually add that plus "Nvidia - Shield TV" just to make sure I can send any non-Kodi commands the Shield needs. (Power on / Power off / etc.)
(2017-02-21, 10:04)LauraS Wrote: Thank you very much, when I said that I was ineffective, I thought I should disinfect it after installing it or something.

When wrxtasy stated that you were "infected" he was being a little hyperbolic. You're "infected" as with bloatware not as "infected" with a virus.

As with any app it's simple to get rid of just by going to Settings > Apps, selecting the app then uninstall. Or by using the method that wrxtasy stated.

(2017-02-21, 12:32)woxxi Wrote: nobody tried to connect multiple external HDD?

The Shield supports up to 2 HDDs, but only single partition drives.

(2017-02-21, 19:59)puntloos Wrote: Does anyone know if the logitech harmony works well with the Shield? With kodi on ubuntu, harmony just pretends to be a bluetooth-based multimedia keyboard, so if indeed such MM keyboards are supported we should be good?

Yes, and the setup is described in this thread as well as others. It requires a 2 device setup (Shield and Windows PC) which will use the same BT pairing.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-02-21, 20:21)Tinwarble Wrote: The Shield supports up to 2 HDDs, but only single partition drives.

Thanks for the answer ! I'll try another file manager .
RE es file explorer you can remove the icon on the right in settings/logger floating/disable.
Agree tho it's bloatware/adware hell now.
Quick question, I need to buy a soundbar for the TV (samsung 4k 9800) that I have my shield connected to.
My source files are both dolby and dts.

Im trying to find an audio solution that works well for the shield, tv and sound bar. So far it seems that everything needs to be downsampled to ac3 - 2.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what native formats the TV and soundbar should support ? I dont think my tv will pass bitstream and it appears that the shield doesnt either, but what about PCM?

Thanks
j
(2017-02-22, 02:03)jongalt26 Wrote: Quick question, I need to buy a soundbar for the TV (samsung 4k 9800) that I have my shield connected to.
My source files are both dolby and dts.

Im trying to find an audio solution that works well for the shield, tv and sound bar. So far it seems that everything needs to be downsampled to ac3 - 2.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what native formats the TV and soundbar should support ? I dont think my tv will pass bitstream and it appears that the shield doesnt either, but what about PCM?

Thanks
j

I don't know where you get that from, but the Shield does support pass-through for AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, True-HD, Atmos and DTS:X.

I can't give you a recommendation for a soundbar, but it would be best to find one with HDMI in & out and since you have a 4K TV, one that has HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188