NextPVR LAV Codecs not hooking up
New bee here, use to think I was computer literate, not so sure now.

Been trying off and on for a month now to get this thing working... Not having much luck.

I have 2 HDhomerun dual tuners that work fine in the HDHomerun app. But when I install NextPVR 3.9.2 all I get is a blank screen using the Microsoft codecs or if I try using the LAV codes I get the error message that they did not hookup. So apparently I have no codecs that work... thoughts?

At a loss as to what to try now, sure do miss media center...

Also the EPG does not work in NextPVR either.

Is there anyway to use the HDHomerun app as a DVR client for Kodi since it works just fine?
SInce these questions aren't related to the NextPVR Kodi addon, but rather using NextPVR itself, you'd be better off asking these questions over at the NextPVR forums.

You don't need to have any decoders setup in NextPVR if you're viewing in Kodi.

For the EPG, it'd probably depend what type of EPG you're trying to use, and which country you're in. As a guess though - If you're using the broadcast EPG with a digital tuner, you'll get like a week a of listings for most countries. HOWEVER, if you're in North America, there is pretty much no broadcast EPG (usually only a few hours on ATSC, and usually nothing on digital cable), so in that part of the world most people end up getting a Schedules Direct account. Its cheap, and works well. You can see a video of how to setup Schedules Direct in NextPVR here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJ7QiYS3Rk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR LAV Codecs not hooking up0