Request: Setanta.com (Setanta Sports Live - UK) plugin or script
Hi,

I am new to this forum, How are you all doing ! happy new year !

A few questions I am running xbmc and tend to use it for transferring files from my PC to Xbox, i use the xbox as another hard drive and also for playing movies etc usually (.avi files).

OK I am registered with Setanta broadband and watch this service online, does anyone know if there is any possible way to stream this service to my xbox ?? I have streamed other live streams to my xbox by right clicking on the stream on my PC go to properties, copy the location, create a new text doc, paste the link, change the file extension to .strm then locate the file on the xbOX via my PC, i.e my videos, network auto discover, find the .strm file then try it from there. Sometimes this works for live streams ut was wondering if anyone had any ideas to stream Setanta, BBC streams etc. I am not doing this illegally the only reason i am doing this is so i can watch these streams on a bigger screen !! ANy help would be great !

RSmile
anyone No
Does it use DRM (Digital Rights Management)?, if so then it will likely never happen.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Its a subscribe only service in the uk... Football on the TV is BIG business so I would imagine it is DRM..
yeh I think it may have DRM ? Anyway round this ?
Also any tips how to stream other stuff from the internet to XBox ? i.e. radio shows etc ?
Raymond Wrote:yeh I think it may have DRM ? Anyway round this ?
Also any tips how to stream other stuff from the internet to XBox ? i.e. radio shows etc ?

open notepad, paste the link to notepad, save as to what ever name you want, make sure you rename the text file extension to .strm, upload or share the link to xbmc and open it in the video section or if radio it goes in the music section.
use network stream in VLC if you want to test it first.

I'm no expert btw, so this is all I know. Smile
change it to .strm

(without the ,)

No edit button here lol
Raymond Wrote:yeh I think it may have DRM ? Anyway round this ?
If it has DRM then no, there is no legal ways around that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Rainbow 
well there are exploits and tools that can strip DRM off files. But it is in a little bit of a grey area of law as Gamester suggests....No1 has done it before on XBMC and I'm not sure that XBox would have the processing power to do it and stream at the same time.

Mind you I know nothing ;-)
I would like to know why unregistered forum users is contacting Forum Admin (me) and wants to CANCEL their SUBSCRIPTION to SETANTA SPORTS ?

Please, can someone find out why so we can put a stop to this nonsense

It`s DRM`d - Find a way to deal with it on your pc by your own volition then transfer to your xbox (Xbmc doesn`t handle DRM files for legal reasons), so this will never become reality unless windows mediaplayer is fully integrated into xbmc including virtual DRM license folders.

You will not be advised any further on this subject.

I really would not hold my breath.

I will be releasing myp2p.eu plugin which covers all matches uk & otherwise:

Football,tennis,hockey,icehockey,basketball - just sport, basically.

Their website went down so the code couldn`t be finished, it`s up again so . . .
Good work Voinage. If I could get reliable Football on XBMC I could cancel Sky all together. Its the only reason I still have it as its gone right down the drain in the last 7-8 years.

If I see one more repeat of the Simpsons or Road Wars It's going in the bin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Setanta.com (Setanta Sports Live - UK) plugin or script0