Set Top Box or Coax to USB
Hello everyone.
At my current location I do not have many options for tv. I am looking for a way to connect my Digital TV signal to Kodi in the US. I have found many good solutions from europe and not sure if they will work for me. I like the TV Butler idea. If anyone could point me to a good US based solution that would be great. I am thinking Raspberry Pi unless there is better solution for the Front end.

Thanks Shannon
Shannon
PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Most people capturing digital cable in the US would either use something like an HDHR Prime to directly capture non-protected TV channels, or analog capture device with composite/svideo to standard definition from set top box, or an HDPVR-style device to capture high definition Component/HDMI from a set top box. Backends like NextPVR support all these.
(2017-01-17, 21:15)nickr Wrote: PVR (wiki)

Thanks for the response. I spent time there before posting. Most of them are European based. So I am not sure if they work in the US.
Shannon
You can get a slingbox and it will stream to you.

I don't understand if your trying to cast your European cable to the US or trying to set up cable in the US.

You can always call directtv or dishnetowrk to see if you can access your European television with a basic cable login.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

As has been said, HD Homerun.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No infinitv fans? by Ceton
Skin APPTV

The InfiniTV line isn't as well supported, in my experience; this is especially true if you are using their network tuners with Linux.

SiliconDust's HDHomeRun products are pretty solid, and don't need the proprietary drivers that Ceton's devices seem to need.

If you need digital cable, the Prime with NextPVR or MediaPortal (Windows) or MythTV (Linux) is your best bet; if you need DRMed copy-once flagged channels, Windows Media Center is your only option. If you don't mind the extra work of searching for solutions, Tvheadend works great. (I am using 3 Primes with Tvheadend.)

If OTA broadcast is sufficient, any PVR backend should work. Those that work with DVB tend to do equally well with ATSC.
I am not sure What the guy is trying trying to set up. He says his options are limited He hasn't mentioned the limitations as He can get a Digital TV sginal by phone, Cable, Satellite, Internet and satellite.

It also sounds like he may be trying to stream his European Cable to the US. I guess I am hung up on what limited entails because if that's the case using Kodi's Live TV feature might not be the best option for him It could be just a matter of using a VPN if that's what his concern is.

If he is living on campus then he most likely would be using the cable and internet offered by the university and that could also impact his options.

Most Us Cable options have DVR services and internet channel logins to allow you to keep up on current seasons. is the goal here to receive European television or us Channels?

I guess I am confused because all the options of watching cable in the US including OTA is digital.
Skin APPTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Top Box or Coax to USB0