v17 Installed once, won't install again
I installed rc3 successfully, although no add-ons would install. I uninstalled v17 and tried re-installing, but v17 will not install. I can install/uninstall v16 no problem, but v17 will no longer install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Are you installing from play store?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, from the kodi website download. I didn't think version 17 was available from the Play store yet.
Krypton (v17) is on the Play Store, but requires you to sign up for the beta.

If you are manually installing, make sure that you trying to install the correct version. Most device will be ARM 32bit, unless you're device has a Intel SoC which will require x86. As well, unless you are installing on a Shield TV you won't be able to install the ARM 64bit version since both the SoC and OS (Android) have be 64bit and currently the only device (that I'm aware of) with both is the Shield.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for that -- if anyone else has trouble, the signup for testing is here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.xbmc.kodi
The splash screen when booting my box says Amlogic S905X 64bit, so I have used the 64 bit version of Android.
(2017-01-24, 20:59)f1charlie Wrote: The splash screen when booting my box says Amlogic S905X 64bit, so I have used the 64 bit version of Android.

Your processor being 64 bits does not mean that your box run 64 bits android...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-24, 20:59)f1charlie Wrote: The splash screen when booting my box says Amlogic S905X 64bit, so I have used the 64 bit version of Android.

hahahaha yeah right. Pure marketing crap which you should not believe. Only a few true Android 64bit boxes are available and this one is likely not it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

That's your SoC, not the OS. As I said, both the SoC and OS have to be 64bit.

On almost all devices with a 64bit SoC they are still using a 32bit version of Android.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For the record, Amazon Fire TV (the box) is also full 64bits. Surely v2, I don't remember v1.
(2017-01-24, 21:00)Gracus Wrote:

Your processor being 64 bits does not mean that your box run 64 bits android...

(2017-01-24, 21:00)Martijn Wrote: hahahaha yeah right. Pure marketing crap which you should not believe. Only a few true Android 64bit boxes are available and this one is likely not it

(2017-01-24, 21:02)Tinwarble Wrote: That's your SoC, not the OS. As I said, both the SoC and OS have to be 64bit.

On almost all devices with a 64bit SoC they are still using a 32bit version of Android.

Ah OK, noob mistake! Maybe I used the 32 bit version before, I shall try again! Thanks for the replies.

Update: Operator error confirmed - 32 bit version installed just fine Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed once, won't install again0