Ember not finding all TV Shows in a Directory
I am not sure if I am missing a setting somewhere but I have a strange situation with TV Shows.

My Movies and TV Shows are in separate shares on my Home Server PC. I am using Ember on another workstation so have mapped network drives to the two relevant shares Movies and TV Shows. In the File & Sources settings section of Ember I have pointed Movies and TV Shows to the root folder for each media type.
Ember finds and scrapes existing and new movies added to the directory. However it can only find 12 of the 33 tv series in the TV Shows Share??
Each TV show is in its own folder and seasons are in separate sub folders as follows:-
TV Shows/
24/
Season 1/
24.s01e01
24.s01e02
24.s01e03
Season 2/

Ascension/
Season1/
Ascension S01E01
Ascension S01E02
Ascension S01E03
Season 2/

Band of Brothers/
Season 1/
Band.Of.Brothers.SE01E01
Band.Of.Brothers.SE01E02
Band.Of.Brothers.SE01E03

I appreciate that there are some capitalisation and format issues in the above but other shows have had similar issues and I have been able to amend them with Bulk Renamer. However unless Ember can see the files Bulk Renamer will not work.

In Options/General/Miscellaneous settings I have tried ticking Include Folder Name in Source Type Check but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

The only thing I can think of is that I previously scanned my library with Media Companion and prior to that My Movies, before finding and using Ember MM so some of the successfully discovered folders may already have had a .nfo file in them. However I would have thought Ember would have found the content by the folder naming convention.
Any guidance would be appreciated
Fozzie
Maybe it's only a typo, but Band.Of.Brothers.SE01E01 is wrong.

Check the log if Ember log any error while scanning your sources.
Bulk Renamer only works for content that have an NFO.
(2017-01-26, 19:03)DanCooper Wrote: Maybe it's only a typo, but Band.Of.Brothers.SE01E01 is wrong.
It was wrong but only for that series. However this was one of the TV series which was found.
As an update thoughI have resolved the problem. I'm not sure if it was a permissions issue but I switched from using a mapped drive to the share and a drive letter to a UNC path and it found every programme. Hopefully this might help someone in the future.
Thanks again for your quick reply.
Fozzie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember not finding all TV Shows in a Directory0