I broke KODI
I guess this question goes out to the ones that have a massive libraries.
Windows 7 pro 500 gig SSD 3.30 GHz with 8 gigs on Netgear network gig speed
My Setup is WD Mycloud as my server with a USB My Book drive plugged in totaling 12 TB

2 HDhomeRun primes with Comcast and MCEbuddy scanning everything into TV folders named after each Show with nfo's and my Movie library is scanned in by Ember Media Manager
Running 4 Raspberry Pi-2 and 3's OpenElec an OSMC

Everything has been perfect............Till I decided to upgrade Kodi on my pi's to 17 and 18 because they can stream HD 1080 from Comcast. The problem I had was not one setup could scan all my Movies and TV shows in, I would be missing half of them !

So I decided to upgrade to the newer KODI on Windows Jarvis 16.1 and scanning in my Movies worked but the TV shows are not scanning in.

Just the other day I took some old equipment over to my son house Raspberry Pi-1 with OpenElec 14.2 hooked up a USB drive all the TV shows scanned in but non of the Movies. So I changed the settings in Movies from getting Info from local to Movie Database Scrapper and they all scanned in ! Now im starting to smell something FISHY !

Sure hope someone can shed some light on this
Here is the Log from My PC Windows http://pastebin.com/YVBLdbJb
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
I don't know what you expect the log (wiki) to show, without debug turned on, all I see are a bunch of files scanning in a log that is incomplete. Most of your issues aare scraper oriented. The real trick when moving files around is to export your library to separate files; so that all the meta-data is placed with the movie. Then if needed on another system, using the local scraper will drag in that met-data from those folders you have designated in your sources. Naming video files/Movies (wiki) Ember Media Manager can confuse the issue, if you are having issues with scrapes, it might be best to use Kodi's built in apparatus for your scrapes.

decided to upgrade Kodi on my pi's to 17 and 18 I didn't even know Kodi 18 was available for pi, good stuff. Scraping in using only one scraper will not get everything, that's why scanning with the local information is so valuable.

Quote:KODI on Windows Jarvis 16.1 and scanning in my Movies worked but the TV shows are not scanning in.
I guess that's why the query is in the windows forum and not elsewhere. The failure to get your TV shows is likely a nomenclature issue Naming video files/TV shows (wiki)

old equipment over to my son house Now that's a problem solver if you ask me, sounds like you have hands on advice close at hand.

Sure hope someone can shed some light on this The flashlight here, and your question is?
Opps sorry here is the Debug Log http://pastebin.com/5yqUGkiw

The Reason I use Ember Media Manager is because I have a vacation home which has no Internet So I have a mirror drive I take along all my Media to have nfo's and artwork which everything was working great on XBMC but noticed with Kodi it doesnt scan as well. So since EMM is not working so well with KODI whats recommended ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
(2017-01-28, 20:45)PatK Wrote: I don't know what you expect the log (wiki) to show, without debug turned on, all I see are a bunch of files scanning in a log that is incomplete. Most of your issues aare scraper oriented. The real trick when moving files around is to export your library to separate files; so that all the meta-data is placed with the movie. Then if needed on another system, using the local scraper will drag in that met-data from those folders you have designated in your sources. Naming video files/Movies (wiki) Ember Media Manager can confuse the issue, if you are having issues with scrapes, it might be best to use Kodi's built in apparatus for your scrapes.

decided to upgrade Kodi on my pi's to 17 and 18 I didn't even know Kodi 18 was available for pi, good stuff. Scraping in using only one scraper will not get everything, that's why scanning with the local information is so valuable.

Quote:KODI on Windows Jarvis 16.1 and scanning in my Movies worked but the TV shows are not scanning in.
I guess that's why the query is in the windows forum and not elsewhere. The failure to get your TV shows is likely a nomenclature issue Naming video files/TV shows (wiki)

old equipment over to my son house Now that's a problem solver if you ask me, sounds like you have hands on advice close at hand.

Sure hope someone can shed some light on this The flashlight here, and your question is?

I have all my Movies and TV shows setup as per Kodi instructions Each movie is in its own folder with nfo, fanart,poster

Whats weird is All the TV shows that start with "The" scanned in

As you can see in my Debug log a list of my TV shows which would not scan in http://pastebin.com/uWpkzgRe
Your log file looks healthy, nothing out of order. You can stick with Ember, but there's not much reason these days when Kodi handles most, unless you like that flexibility, but along with that option comes complexity.

1) When at home base with Internet access, scrape all your new movies with something like the Universal scraper. Ensure yuour posters etc are to your liking. then export the library to separate files and you'll find all the meta-data will be copied into each movie folder. (you are using a folder for each movie nasmed as such with date?)

2) This drive can be taken anywhere, and Kodi will pick it up with the scraper (using the local scraper makes it slightly faster, but it will come in with the universal scraper anyway.) You may be having issues with windows assigning different drive letters with plug&play external drives, watch for that! Kodi paths are hard coded to drive letters at the source. You don't need the internet for #2, once you have the meta-data exported you have everything.
(2017-01-29, 02:00)PatK Wrote: Your log file looks healthy, nothing out of order. You can stick with Ember, but there's not much reason these days when Kodi handles most, unless you like that flexibility, but along with that option comes complexity.

1) When at home base with Internet access, scrape all your new movies with something like the Universal scraper. Ensure yuour posters etc are to your liking. then export the library to separate files and you'll find all the meta-data will be copied into each movie folder. (you are using a folder for each movie nasmed as such with date?)

2) This drive can be taken anywhere, and Kodi will pick it up with the scraper (using the local scraper makes it slightly faster, but it will come in with the universal scraper anyway.) You may be having issues with windows assigning different drive letters with plug&play external drives, watch for that! Kodi paths are hard coded to drive letters at the source. You don't need the internet for #2, once you have the meta-data exported you have everything.

If you look at post 4# log on lines 481 to 740 it shows all my TV shows so I changed the Scraper to TVDB and I you look it shows only 18 Tv shows that scan in then freezes on True Blood here is the tail end of the debug log because it was to large to publish
http://pastebin.com/21b68AP9

So changing to Kodi built in scrapper didn't work ether Sad
A quick peek at the log and Error getting W:\TV Shows\True Blood\Season 7\True Blood S07E06-thumb.jpg is the stumbling block in that log, if you're lucky it's a corrupt file and deleting it might be the solve, but it could be the sign of a corrupt library or a filing system issue. I would suggest if a simple deletion of the file doesn't do it, a fresh re-start (after you have properly exported your library to separate files) with Kodi scrapers should bring this system back. If it's the last case, and you need to re-install, check the HD integrity for errors.
(2017-01-29, 07:58)PatK Wrote: A quick peek at the log and Error getting W:\TV Shows\True Blood\Season 7\True Blood S07E06-thumb.jpg is the stumbling block in that log, if you're lucky it's a corrupt file and deleting it might be the solve, but it could be the sign of a corrupt library or a filing system issue. I would suggest if a simple deletion of the file doesn't do it, a fresh re-start (after you have properly exported your library to separate files) with Kodi scrapers should bring this system back. If it's the last case, and you need to re-install, check the HD integrity for errors.

Bam ! That was it ! After further review of that file you wouldn't believe what was in there !! Folder called "True Blood S07E06-thumb.jpg" and it had a complete duplicate of my entire TV Shows ALL OF THEM ! 2.42 TB ! Now who do I blame ? My left hand or my right hand ! LOL

Thank You for the help !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I broke KODI0