An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kolabor Offline
Well Jeroen, I think that reFocus served us very well for years. It's time for something new. Focus on the Grid and just forget about reFocus.
find quote
costi Offline
While I would love a Krypton-compatible version (I'm still staying back on older version of Kodi because I got used to reFocus so much) I understand the need to move on.

Thanks for the awesome skin!
find quote
clintjb Offline
Hi All,
I know ReFocus is really no longer the priority but unfortunately I got the wife/kids on board sometime ago with this theme and its going to be difficult to ween them back off.

Everything's working perfectly for me except for the watched/unwatched tags.... I see from previous posts the answer should be lying somewhere withing "skin settings->views>disable now playing overlays" Unfortunately though this doesn't seem to be doing anything for me.

Im assuming whatever setting this is though can be manually set in the settings.xml in the skin folder - could anyone tell me which setting it is so I could manually enable them?

Thanks in advanced & Cheers
find quote
st0nedpenguin Offline
As much as I've enjoyed using reFocus all this time I expect Grid to be just as great so hopefully it's only a small loss in the end.
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-02-21 00:20)Jeroen Wrote:  
(2017-02-20 19:52)Kolabor Wrote:  
(2017-02-19 11:33)Jeroen Wrote:  Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

[Image: I1BdWDY.png]

Jeroen, I'll be translating Grid to Polish. If there is a way to upload English strings to Transifex before releasing alpha/beta/whatever version – I'll be glad to translate it Smile

Well, thanks to you and other contributors many of the strings originally translated for reFocus can be used for Grid too Smile So even though there will be some new and / or changed strings, I suspect most of the work has already been done Smile

I could upload the strings, but at this stage I would hate to see you waste your time on things that will change or be removed later Smile

So, just a heads up for anyone interested in providing translations for Grid, the strings are available on Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/refocus/grid/dashboard/

However, I currently do not advise to start translating just yet. Contrary to what I wrote in the post quoted above, I have made quite a lot of changes after all. And between now and a public release I expect more changes. Not necessarily changes or additions in the actual strings, but in the order / file structure.

You can of course join now and I'll make sure you get notified when I have finalised the file.
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-04 13:15 by Jeroen.)
find quote
lstar337 Offline
How long before us mere mortals with have something to see, regarding Grid?

I'm eager to see if I will be retiring ReFocus in favour of your new flavour!
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-05-05 11:51)lstar337 Wrote:  How long before us mere mortals with have something to see, regarding Grid?

I'm eager to see if I will be retiring ReFocus in favour of your new flavour!

Hard to say, but hopefully soon! Beta testing has started yesterday, so it depends on how well that goes and how much time I need to fix issues coming out of that Smile
find quote