Linux Pulse-eight CEC controller not working with new TV
Hi Guys,

I have an MSI Cubi I5 running Ubuntu Xenial and Kodi Krypton RC 3.
My previous TV was a 5 year old 55" TCL (Model escapes me) and worked flawlessly with my pulse-eight CEC injector.
I've recently upgraded to ua55ks9000wxxy. Unfortunately, my CEC injector seems to cause problems with this.

The TV will blank the display, show 'no source' for about 10-20 seconds, then briefly show the kodi box, before repeating the process endlessly.
I typically have a soundbar connected via HDMI ARC, however after reading about potential issues with this configuration I attempted with the soundbar disconnected as well.

Logs from my latest attempt with cec-client (Kodi unloaded) are here.

I don't suppose anybody here has any suggestions?
I did notice by punching the comms messages into http://www.cec-o-matic.com/ and noticed that the message '10:9E:05' appears that it might be related.

Edit: Moved logs to hastebin.
Please remove your log and place on paste in or similar.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr, Logs moved.
I realized in retrospect this is probably more suited to Discussions -> Hardware -> Peripherals. Any chance we could have this moved?

Updates on this issue:

I tested this on my old Intel NUC (DN2820FYKH), and the CEC controller was stable and did not cause the picture to die.
As the DN2820FYKH has a max resolution of 1920x1080, I dropped the resolution on the Cubi to 1920x1080, and CEC became stable.

At this point I assumed it might be an issue with the CEC controller @4k resolution, however I then attached the CEC controller to my laptop, and started kodi from my laptop at a native 4k resolution, with no CEC issues.

It seems as though this issue may only be present on the Cubi @4k resolution (I cannot explain why)

All systems are running Ubuntu Xenial and are now upgraded to Kodi 17 stable release from ppa, and libcec4 latest from ppa.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulse-eight CEC controller not working with new TV0