v17 Kodi 17 RC4 - Play ongoing recordings
Hi there,
i have a little "problem" (maybe a bug?) with Kodi 17, I´m using RC4 on Windows x86.
My PVR-Manager is DVBViewer Recording Service.

Procedure in Kodi 16 (there it was ok):
- Program a recording (through Kodi or WebInterface of Recording Service)
- while the recording gets recorded (maybe start time at 20:15), start playing the recording (start maybe at 20:30) through Kodi
- I could then watch the whole TV show without stopping the recording (the time bar wasn´t correct, because kodi thought the file is eof (after 15 minutes --> 20:30 - 20:15 = 15), but i could watch the whole show till the end (maybe 22:00)

Procedure in Kodi 17 (broken):
- Program a recording (through Kodi or WebInterface of Recording Service)
- while the recording gets recorded (maybe start time at 20:15), start playing the recording (start maybe at 20:30) through Kodi
- The recording stops playing automatically after 15 minutes (20:30 - 20:15 = 15), because Kodi thinks its eof. but in the meanwhile the file got bigger (because of ongoing recording), but kodi still stops playing.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? Andy mabye has a solution? In my opinion thats really a big issue, because we often program a tv show and want to start watching it maybe 15 minutes later. Then we could watch 15 minutes and the playing stops... :/

Thank you!
I think this depends upon your PVR backend/client. The problem is that recorded TV (including recordings-in-progress) are seen by Kodi as regular video files, just like Movies. Live TV however is treated as a continuous stream that has no EOF.

Until Kodi learns to treat recordings as TV (at least the recordings-in-progress) this will continue to be a problem. I would not necessarily classify the way they are handled as a bug, but rather as a poor implementation.

(To clarify: I am currently using 17RC4 and do not experience the problem you are with recordings-in-progress. The only problems I have are when trying to seek beyond the current live position of a recording-in-progress and having Kodi stop playback because it thinks I'm seeking beyond the end, rather than just wanting to get to the live position such as would happen when watching Live TV. I use Tvheadend, so perhaps that is why we experience the situation differently.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 RC4 - Play ongoing recordings0