chromebox and ps3 remote problems
I'm running LibreElec 7.0.3 on an asus chromebox using a ps3 BT/IR combo remote. i have the ps3 remote connecting with bluetooth using trust and connect with standby enabled and I'm going through a set of batteries every couple of days sometimes a week. since the last update i've noticed the remote does go into standby mode but only when i am not watching anything.
Afaik, the ps3 remote only sleeps whenever the screensaver kicks in, and not a predefined amount of seconds.
Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref...Kyb9K60NMY

This remote works a treat on my ASUS Chromebox/LibreELEC setup and inexpensive.

Sent from my HTC 10
so is there anyway to fix this?
Mine lasts a lot longer than that, and I never turn off the Chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Doesn't matter if you turn it off or not since the remote would be sleeping anyways. Since the remote only sleeps when the screensaver kicks in, how long the batteries will last depends on how much time you spend watching videos.
(2017-02-02, 03:45)nickr Wrote: Mine lasts a lot longer than that, and I never turn off the Chromebox.

thats what i figured. i know i cant be the only one using a ps3 remote and having the batteries die so soon.
(2017-02-02, 12:05)Soli Wrote: Doesn't matter if you turn it off or not since the remote would be sleeping anyways. Since the remote only sleeps when the screensaver kicks in, how long the batteries will last depends on how much time you spend watching videos.

i hear what you are saying but that doesn't make too much sense cause if that was the case then why would anybody use a ps3 remote. i'm on kodi not even 10 hours max and this is happening to me. i use a ps3 game controller and could go weeks without having to recharge it and the game controller doesnt go into standby at all
Well..say that you in average watch a movie that is 90min long each day, then the remote would be "on" for 90 minutes each day. That's a lot less than it being on 24/7. If being on 24/7 give you approx 6 days of battery life on average, then 90mins usage each day would net you approx (1440:90) * 6 = 96 days. Which would be around 3 months.

How long does the batteries last now? Since you just confirmed it sleeps when the screensaver kicks in.

I think all PS3 remote use would welcome a PR to LE that let you set a specific amount of seconds before sleeping. (or a combination, whatever comes first) The only way to accomplish that atm is by using Bluez4 with the PS3 remote patch. I use it on my Kodi setup and the remote lasts roughly 1,5 years, maybe 2. Kinda hard to keep track when it lasts forever..
my remote being on 24/7 would normaly last about 3 days. im assuming when the chromebox is suspended the remote doesnt sleep so im keeping my chromebox "awake" but screensaver on see how long it lasts
just a quick update. after leaving my chromebox "awake" the batteries in my remote lasted less than 3 weeks. still not the months like other users experience

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
chromebox and ps3 remote problems0