• 5(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
Sorry yes, tested it some days ago and remembered that you need to use keymap editor addon to map it to the actual kodi buttons according to the needs.

I saw that I apparently chose "Microsoft:kodi" over "computer:windows" because the Microsoft kodi made the red, green, yellow and blue button work and a lot of the others. But I've totally forgotten, that i had to re-map the buttons with keymap editor. Perhaps on some systems "computer:windows" profile is better though.

Actually I don't understand why the "Linux/other computer" profile has no buttons in the harmony profile. They should simply use the profile as a Bluetooth keyboard without any relation to kodi or so, then everybody could simply map the given buttons once with keymap editor. Searched hard to find a Bluetooth keyboard profile in harmony software and couldn't find any... Poor
I believe you can use the Elite with Kodi in various ways:
PS3 remote in BT mode.
PS3 remote in IR (through the PS3 Harmony Adapter, that is paired to your PC)
As an MCE remote if you have a compatible IR receiver. (Or similar profile)
As a plain BT keyboard.

I use no 1 and 2 at the same time, but only because I was already set up for PS3 mode.
I believe no 4 would be the easiest, since it's just a question of mapping the various keyboard shortcuts..?
(2017-02-14, 15:09)Soli Wrote: As a plain BT keyboard.

I believe no 4 would be the easiest, since it's just a question of mapping the various keyboard shortcuts..?

I am using it like this on kodi on ubuntu 16.04.1. It works flawless and is really easy to set up.
The only thing I was not able to do is turn the pc on using the remote. I can turn it on with a standard bluetooth keyboard, but not with the harmony remote that is configured as bluetooth keyboard.
(2017-02-14, 15:09)Soli Wrote: I believe you can use the Elite with Kodi in various ways:
PS3 remote in BT mode.
PS3 remote in IR (through the PS3 Harmony Adapter, that is paired to your PC)
As an MCE remote if you have a compatible IR receiver. (Or similar profile)
As a plain BT keyboard.

I use no 1 and 2 at the same time, but only because I was already set up for PS3 mode.
Interesting... tried "SonyTonguelaystation 3" Profile and it did say I need to buy a harmony adapter... so I guess it was the IR profile. I wanted to have it using the Bluetooth connection via my HUB, but how do you choose the BT profile? How is it called (Manufactuer?, Model?).

And how do you get your Harmony work as a BT keyboard? Which profile immitates a BT Keyboard?

(2017-02-14, 15:31)s1mon Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 15:09)Soli Wrote: As a plain BT keyboard.

I am using it like this on kodi on ubuntu 16.04.1. It works flawless and is really easy to set up.
The only thing I was not able to do is turn the pc on using the remote. I can turn it on with a standard bluetooth keyboard, but not with the harmony remote that is configured as bluetooth keyboard.
Cool, which profile do you use there? As which device do you program your Harmony, to get it working as a BT Keyboard? "Windows Computer" does BT, but the colored mediakeys are not accessible in LibreELEC, because they are called somehing like "Windows Media key RED" etc. in Harmony software, which isn't recognized in LibreELEC (Linux).
(2017-02-14, 16:34)infinity85 Wrote: Cool, which profile do you use there?

I'm using
Manufacturer : Microsoft
Model Number : MCE Keyboard
(2017-02-14, 16:36)s1mon Wrote:

I'm using
Okay, this is as far as I know not Bluetooth, it is IR based.
(2017-02-14, 16:38)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:36)s1mon Wrote:

I'm using

no infinity, it IS definitely Bluetooth, as it asked me to pair on the pc, and I don't have an ir-receiver on my pc.
I used to use the PS3/PS4 mode a while back for a bit, but it's lacking loads of buttons and a complete PITA to map the keys with that.
Mapping to keyboard shortcuts...ahhh so much nicer and limitless options.
infinity85 thanks a bunch for the clear instructions in this thread. I've been suffering with crappy slow response IR for years with my harmony remotes and this sorts that right out.
Just need to get the keys mapped properly and can finally say goodbye to LIRC BS!
(2017-02-14, 16:39)s1mon Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:38)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:36)s1mon Wrote: I'm using

no infinity, it IS definitely Bluetooth, as it asked me to pair on the pc, and I don't have an ir-receiver on my pc.
On my Harmony 950 with HUB it is definitely a IR based profile. It was also a IR Profile on my Harmony 900, which was only IR capable. Perhaps it asks for pairing because another device is bluetooth based in your activity?

Definitely IR Profile:

Edit:
I assume that the profile is called somehow differently in your case. Would like to know the actual Bluetooth Keyboard profile Smile
(2017-02-14, 16:45)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:39)s1mon Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:38)infinity85 Wrote: Okay, this is as far as I know not Bluetooth, it is IR based.

On my Harmony 950 with HUB it is definitely a IR based profile. It was also a IR Profile on my Harmony 900, which was only IR capable. Perhaps it asks for pairing because another device is bluetooth based in your activity?

Definitely IR Profile:

we can go on and on infinity Smile, but when you add a new device and select
it looks like this in the harmony app
not like the image you posted. Maybe we have different versions of the app? Don't know... but I just retried it now to be sure, and it is bluetooth.
(2017-02-14, 16:51)s1mon Wrote: we can go on and on infinity Smile, but when you add a new device and select
it looks like this in the harmony app
not like the image you posted. Maybe we have different versions of the app? Don't know... but I just retried it now to be sure, and it is bluetooth.

Yep, your profile is "Windows Computer", which has been mentioned a few times here. It is good and perhaps "Microsoft : KODI" is better for bluetooth, but I'm not sure anymore. With your "Windows Computer" profile I'd have to reassign the coloured buttons in the harmony Software from "RED (Windows Computer)" to some letter or so, to get them recognized in Linux.

EDIT:
Which harmony do you own, and what are the steps you do to add the Device, so that you end up with "Windows Computer" when you actually type in "Microsoft : MCE Keyboard"? Interesting, that it somehow automatically changes your chosen "MCE Keyboard" profile into the "Windows Computer" profile. Never seen this and doesn't happen on my Android app, and not on my Harmony desktop software.
(2017-02-14, 16:57)infinity85 Wrote: Which harmony do you own, and what are the steps you do to add the Device

Harmony ultimate with the hub

https://fcku.it/files/1/file-1487087074892.mp4
(2017-02-14, 17:45)s1mon Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 16:57)infinity85 Wrote: Which harmony do you own, and what are the steps you do to add the Device

Harmony ultimate with the hub

https://fcku.it/files/1/file-1487087074892.mp4
Good that you captured it in a video, otherwise one would never notice the "mistake" there, hahaha Rofl

You are typing in "Microsoft : MCE Keyboard", but instead of pressing the "add" button at the lower right corner, you press add computer and add a computer device. Basically you don't add the MCE Keyboard profile, but you add the "Windows Computer" profile. Actually you could simply skip the typing "Microsoft : MCE Keyboard" and go over directly to computer Laugh

Such misunderstanding happen all the time between all of us, I guess Smile.

To sum up: You are not using the IR based MCE Keyboard profile. You add the bluetooth based "Windows Computer" profile.
Works fine here, I have 2 hubs.

In LE are you using "Connect and Trust"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0