• 7(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
(2017-02-17, 14:44)sausageman Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 14:12)infinity85 Wrote: Looked back some pages here and saw that you are using it on a x86/x64 system with libreelec 7.0.2
So either a new libreelec version could help, or your system initializes Bluetooth after every boot somehow differently, compared to a raspberry pi or odroid c2. Perhaps the CSR 4.0 could help, as it uses different drivers (assumption) than your current Bluetooth dongle. Or it will behave the same shitty way, because your mainboard does something differently :/. I don't think that the actual issue is the harmony hub, but nothing is impossible -_-

Hmm, so the Hub now connects well with the new dongle, but the physical remote (Companion) doesn't work. It did before for the IR connections, but now nothing is working. I have tried re-pairing, removing the battery, factory reset on the hub...
As the hub seems to pair with libreelec and the Android harmony software seems to be capable controlling libreelec via Bluetooth, the issue is probably that your companion is not syncing or so with the hub. I don't know the procedure, but this is something you have to call harmony support for. They are very helpful. Does the harmony controlling (via hub and android app) work now even after reboot and cold boot, without the need to re-pair it over and over again, like it was before?
I think so, just the remote isn't working, even though the android app says it is paired.
(2017-02-17, 16:13)sausageman Wrote: I think so, just the remote isn't working, even though the android app says it is paired.
Really strange. But simply call the support. They're really nice and try hard to help as best as they can (my personal experience from 3 calls so far).
Check the Button Mapping. I had to remap the direction keys after switching to BT.

Gesendet von meinem mobilen Fusionsreaktor mit Tapatalk
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2017-02-17, 01:44)infinity85 Wrote: There are hundrets of thousands Harmony profiles. Please be a bit more specific, what exactly do you type in in your harmony app? If I go to "add Device", then "Entertainment devices" (the first item of the categories) and type in (Android App) "1. Line: Manufacturer Microsoft, 2. Line Model: Windows Mediacenter", then the app says that it is a "Software application,... if your computer has a built in IR receiver, then go back and type in the IR Receivers Model Number or the Computers Model Number etc...". I don't know what it says exactly in the english version, as I see only the german text, but in the end there is an IR profile without any buttons. If you could please name the exact category, manufacturer and Model that you type in, to get a BT Keyboard there, that would be very helpful.

OMG. It is hard but i try again. The PROFILE is MICROSOFT WINDOWS MEDIACENTER. Manufacturere: Mircrosoft, Model: Windows Mediacenter. Make a Activity with that Device and go to Activity Settings (type "Bearbeiten" and then on your Kodi Activity) --> "Texteingbe aktivieren" and pair your Harmony Elite with the Mediacenter. In my case Direction Keys had to be remapped. I thinkt your understanding of the BT Keyboard Funktionality of the HUB is wrong. The Profile iteselfe is not BT. The Hub emulates a BT Keyboard connected to a device. As i said, maybe you have to remapt some buttons and edit some with the Kodi Keymap Editor Addon.

OMG? Really? Arrogance is the key here? I asked and even used the magical word "please"... As you may have noticed in this thread, here are 3 or 4 BT profiles, that can be used, and some of them are called "MCE Keyboard", which turned out to be IR and was accidentaly seen as BT some post before by s1mon. Then there is a "Windows Multimedia-Player (Manufacturer:Microsoft; Model: KODI)" and you come along with another one that was not mentioned, which is also dependent on the Android app, as only this can display the "BT keyboard" on the phone, which you activate in your above well described steps (thanks for that!). As I use a Harmony 950 with a hub, some others the Elite and sausageman a companion remote, there is a lot of factors that differ here. How high is the chance that somebody has the very same understanding of a "BT keyboard" that you have, if everybody has a different setup?

The way you are describing, is by the way a new variation here. Nobody has mentioned this possibility in this thread yet, as far as I know. I have tried to follow the steps and as I own a Smart Keyboard (Harmony Keyboard, which was in the Smart Keybord bundle), and this Keyboard is paired with my hub, I end up with the Android app requests to use the Keyboard and choose whether I want to pair the Harmony Smart Keyboard either with Bluetooth or with the RF-USB-dongles. So as my (real) keyboard is paired with the Harmony Hub, I don't even get shown your "virtual BT keyboard" as an option. But I'm happy that I know this possibility now, thanks to you. I'd just have to unpair my Harmony Smart Keyboard from the hub, to immitate your setup.

What I get after pressing "Texteingabe Aktivieren":

So your way could be an alternative for those who only have the Harmony Smart HUB at home, without a Harmony Remote or a Smart Keyboard.

Clarification: My understanding (and obviously the others try to achieve the same thing) of simulating a BT Keyboard is: LibreELEC should think it is paired with a BT Keyboard, but the actual Device is a Harmony Remote (not Android/iOS App). So one would use the buttons of his Hardware-Remote to send Commands (=Keyboard letters) by pressing the Remotes Menu-button, Back-button, or direction keys etc. So I wouldn't say it is wrong (from your perspective perhaps), its rather simply different.

For the record: Thank you very much for the illustration of the steps, but if everybody would bark like you after a question to be more specific, then there would soon be nobody left, who would help anybody here.
(2017-02-20, 22:09)infinity85 Wrote: Clarification: My understanding (and obviously the others try to achieve the same thing) of simulating a BT Keyboard is: LibreELEC should think it is paired with a BT Keyboard, but the actual Device is a Harmony Remote (not Android/iOS App). So one would use the buttons of his Hardware-Remote to send Commands (=Keyboard letters) by pressing the Remotes Menu-button, Back-button, or direction keys etc. here.

That is exactly what my Harmony Elite and my Smart Control (Companion Remote) is doing. I did not know that this is not possible if you got a real Logitech BT Keyboard. That is fucked up by Logitech. Maybe it is possible to reassign the Keyboard of the Activity from the real BT Keyboard. Maybe the Logitech App makes a pre connected BT Keyboard default for every Activity created later and it is possible to change that to the Remote. What happens if you type "Tastaturverbindung Entferne"?

In my case i use a Rii i8 mini Keyboard. Maybe get rid of the Logitech Keyboard? The Rii8 is small and backlit and cheap.
I am so glad that this post has gathered so many users to share there experiences with Logitech set up with Kodi. Is there a clear cut way that you know if you are currently connecting via Bluetooth or IR. The statement below leads me to believe I am connecting with BT. I have Logitech keyboard showing up under BT of Libreelec. There is a 20 sec delay wit functionality of my Harmony remote when starting my device from a cold boot and I don't think you have that with IR (I could be wrong).

My understanding (and obviously the others try to achieve the same thing) of simulating a BT Keyboard is: LibreELEC should think it is paired with a BT Keyboard, but the actual Device is a Harmony Remote (not Android/iOS App).
(2017-02-21, 23:52)cap2587 Wrote: I am so glad that this post has gathered so many users to share there experiences with Logitech set up with Kodi. Is there a clear cut way that you know if you are currently connecting via Bluetooth or IR. The statement below leads me to believe I am connecting with BT. I have Logitech keyboard showing up under BT of Libreelec. There is a 20 sec delay wit functionality of my Harmony remote when starting my device from a cold boot and I don't think you have that with IR (I could be wrong).

My understanding (and obviously the others try to achieve the same thing) of simulating a BT Keyboard is: LibreELEC should think it is paired with a BT Keyboard, but the actual Device is a Harmony Remote (not Android/iOS App).

I'm sure there's an obvious technical way to know but it's 2AM and my heard hurts.
But in practical terms, if it's connected by IR you will damn well know about it from the abysmal 1 second delay before button presses are registered.
It's a universal problem with harmony IR remotes and BT makes it more or less instant, not quite as responsive as using a native remote/reciever but near as.
(2017-02-21, 23:52)cap2587 Wrote: I am so glad that this post has gathered so many users to share there experiences with Logitech set up with Kodi. Is there a clear cut way that you know if you are currently connecting via Bluetooth or IR. The statement below leads me to believe I am connecting with BT. I have Logitech keyboard showing up under BT of Libreelec. There is a 20 sec delay wit functionality of my Harmony remote when starting my device from a cold boot and I don't think you have that with IR (I could be wrong).
[...]
You can be certain that you use a BT connection if you observe your HUB while pressing the remotes buttons:
- If the green LED of the HUB is flashing during pressing the button: IR
- If the green LED stays green constantly during pressing buttons, then it is Bluetooth (obviously kodi navigation shall show reactions to the pressings Big Grin)

(2017-02-21, 22:32)john.cord Wrote: That is exactly what my Harmony Elite and my Smart Control (Companion Remote) is doing. I did not know that this is not possible if you got a real Logitech BT Keyboard. That is fucked up by Logitech. Maybe it is possible to reassign the Keyboard of the Activity from the real BT Keyboard. Maybe the Logitech App makes a pre connected BT Keyboard default for every Activity created later and it is possible to change that to the Remote. What happens if you type "Tastaturverbindung Entferne"?

In my case i use a Rii i8 mini Keyboard. Maybe get rid of the Logitech Keyboard? The Rii8 is small and backlit and cheap.
Interesting! I will have to play around more with the Android app, as I usually only use the Windows Software for configuring. I' also have to unpair my Smart Keyboard to see how this all is working then with your method. At the weekend I'll take some time and see how good this works Wink
(2017-02-22, 21:31)infinity85 Wrote: Interesting! I will have to play around more with the Android app, as I usually only use the Windows Software for configuring. I' also have to unpair my Smart Keyboard to see how this all is working then with your method. At the weekend I'll take some time and see how good this works Wink

Yout have to use both the App and the Windows Software because some Options are only available on the app and some only on the Windows Software. Only Logitech knows why... Huh
I am trying to set up a Logitech harmony 900 remote with Kodi. It is for my father in law. I guess Bluetooth is not an option with the harmony 900, and must set up via IR. What would be the best profile to choose. Thanks
I think for a start the original hardkernel IR profile would be best:
Device: Computer --> Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Hardkernel
Model: Odroid C2

If the button count does not suffice, you can take whatever profile you want and make an own lircd.conf following this guide (start from position 2. then):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2291663
Unfortunately the lag with the Logitech Harmony 900 is so bad that it is virtually unusable. I think I am going to suggest using the Kodi Apps to control instead of the Remote. I don't have any trouble with using my Harmony Elite, but that is where the bluetooth/wifi hub makes a difference. The Microsoft/Kodi profile seems to map the keys perfectly, whereas the HardKernel/Odroid leaves many keys non functional. Thanks for the input.
The Harmony software is so bad..but have you tried to adjust repeat and interkey intervalls? I find my Harmony 900 isn't that laggy, considering Im using a ps3 ir/bt adapter. But yeah, the virtual keyboard is a pain in the butt.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0