Slideshow control with DVD remote bugs
Here are a few feature suggestions and bugs I found when navigating the slideshow with the xbox dvd remote. Mostly UI stuff. I'm using the latest t3ch 2008-01-06 rev 11247 build.

The remote Play button should start a slideshow when not in slideshow mode, for example when
-- viewing a photo (stopped)
-- viewing a photo (paused).
-- in the folder/picture navigation views

Reverse and Forward should be the same as Skip- and Skip+ in traversing the photos.

After pressing Info, pressing Info again does currently remove the info box. I have to press the "Menu" button to get out of it. This seems to be a bug.

Pressing "Title" should give me the title of the picture, similar to "Info" except in a corner in a non-intrusive way. The title might be extracted from the path, file name, or IPTC data (hopefully all user selectable).

Do there really need to be two buttons for "Slideshow" and "R. Slideshow"? They are never active at the same time anyway. I think there should be one button that just implements recursive slideshow.

If no developers are interested in implementing/fixing any of the above, I would be willing to help out if someone points me to the right files. I'm familiar with programming but not the XBMC source.
Forgot to mention another bug:

When in "Info" mode in the slideshow, the "Pause" button doesn't work. It just keeps on going to the next picture.
The first one (starting a slideshow from the play action while viewing a picture) would need to be done in GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp (OnAction). The second one would be in CGUIMediaWindow I suspect - not sure why it doesn't react to play already.

Info to hide the info would just be in keymap.xml - map it to Close within a (new) section for the pictureinfo dialog.

Title would be implemented in CGUIWindowSlideshow - remember that music can (and often is) playing when a slideshow is being run though.

Obviously there's a difference with Slideshow and Recursive slideshow in the case where a folder contains subfolders.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Info to hide the info would just be in keymap.xml - map it to Close within a (new) section for the pictureinfo dialog.

I submitted a patch (1871186) for this on sourceforge. The others will come when I get a development environment running.
Cool, thanks.

Note that the others make very little sense in the case where music is playing, so you'll have to take that into account.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I guess this is an UI design decision. If the user is in the Picture section, shouldn't the navigation/info/title buttons affect the slideshow, rather than the music? The music can still play in the background, but I would expect "Play" to control the slideshow, not the music.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow control with DVD remote bugs0