Req Add the option for Playlists to filter from file source
Hi,

Today, playlists are defined and filtered only by Video Sources.
But if two video sources has the same content, I have duplicates in the main library in kodi.

But my purpose is to create two separate playlist with similar content inside them.

So my request is to add the ability for playlist to filter their content from specific File Source (In addition for Video Source as it today)

Thanks.
Not 100% sure what you are asking but you can filter by where the media is stored.

Code:
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>ExtremeSports/Cars/</value></rule>

That code will show media that is located in a path that contains ExtremeSports/Cars/
I already did that, but if your content is not defined as a new Video Source, the playlist will be empty.
But when you set a new video source it required to give a type movies/shows, and when you do that it automatically add its content to the main kodi library. I don't want it this way, because it make duplicates in the library when the content is similar from two different sources.

So my request is to create playlists without the requirement of creating video source, so the playlist will use its content from file source instead.

Or there is another way to do this and I don't know...
Is there anybody from Kodi team who can help here?

Thanks.
(2017-02-07, 12:11)burekas Wrote: But if two video sources has the same content, I have duplicates in the main library in kodi.

But my purpose is to create two separate playlist with similar content inside them.

you could use nodes, couldn't you?

Custom Video Nodes
Node Editor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add the option for Playlists to filter from file source0