How's this for build specs?
My Kodi machine right now is an ANTIQUE Intel Xeon 2.0Ghz with 24GB of ram and an OLD AMD 2GB vid card so I think ANYTHING will be better at this point. It's an old machine I got from work but it's starting to see it's end of days. I am on a STRICT budget and I have many of the things I need already so this is my list
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/madmikeee/saved/FLRxFT

I Only use Kodi as a playback device for ripped movies music etc (MY Ripped movies to be clear not pirated)

I am assuming that since my current pc runs flawlessly this one should be the same. Thoughts?

Eventually I would like to get a NAS etc and just build Raspberry Pi's for our TV's but that is way out of budget right now. I plan on buying Hard drives as they go on sale and then building my own freenas box. But for now this will have to do.

Thanks for any and all info, suggestions and maybe some lude remarks? Smile
don't get me wrong but your future build is better than Nvidia Shield. 2 years ago I build my AMD HTPC through pcpartpicker website using A6-7400K CPU and ASUS A88XM-A motherboard with Windows 7 64 pro. No issue at this moment.
i dont see any specs concerning hdmi 2/hdcp 2.2, so 4k may be a concern. Might want to double check it, a quick google didnt find any results aside from it can handle 4k in some capacity, but hdmi 1.4 can do that so just be aware for full 4k compatibility. If i was building a full new htpc Id want to future proof it as much as possible even if I didnt have a 4k tv yet.
(2017-02-07, 23:46)thesuffering Wrote: i dont see any specs concerning hdmi 2/hdcp 2.2, so 4k may be a concern. Might want to double check it, a quick google didnt find any results aside from it can handle 4k in some capacity, but hdmi 1.4 can do that so just be aware for full 4k compatibility. If i was building a full new htpc Id want to future proof it as much as possible even if I didnt have a 4k tv yet.

Thanks, that's a good point. However I would likely just slap an updated vid card in if I needed it. Right now there are not too many inexpensive motherboards with 4k/UHD capability. For a good powerful HTPC build that can definitely handle 4k it would double or even triple my costs. By the time 4k becomes the norm it will likely be time to upgrade again anyway.
(2017-02-07, 23:02)menell Wrote: don't get me wrong but your future build is better than Nvidia Shield. 2 years ago I build my AMD HTPC through pcpartpicker website using A6-7400K CPU and ASUS A88XM-A motherboard with Windows 7 64 pro. No issue at this moment.

Thanks.. I like to build my own stuff, That way I know EXACTLY what I have in it and can update/repair without a problem. This build should hold my 3 2TB drives and then I can build my nas down the road and either build really small bookshelf boxes or just use a raspberry pi for streaming to the other TV's.
Well parts are ordered. Will hopefully have this going next weekend...and hopefully my existing system lasts that long....it's being pretty pissy with me lately.
Build is complete and runs fantastic. Actually posting from it right now. Ended up having a better power supply in one of my old machines that lost it's motherboard so used that. The only complaint I have right now is fan noise is a bit much . The factory CPU cooler whines a little so I will be updating that. and there is only one chassis fan controller on the board other than the cpu one. Other than that the audio is better the video is crisper and I am thrilled with it so far.
and honestly for the price it cannot be beat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How's this for build specs?0