Which version of Kodi do PI3
Hope you can help.

I've recently downloaded re-downloaded Kodi again Libreelec 7.0.3 onto a new SD card for my PI3.

I'd previously been using an earlier version (OpenElec).

The new libreelec version is slow in between menus, blank for several seconds before it appears.

I've downloaded it a couple of times but I'm still getting the same issue.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Also is there a better version of Kofi for the PI3 than the liveElec?

Sent from my iPhone
Doesn't sound normal.

Can you provide a debug log (wiki)?

A video (ie. taken on your phone etc.) of the slow menu behaviour would also help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have a Pi 3 and it too had issues as you describe but that was only when I used the Estuary mod skin.
I did a clean install of LibreELEC 7.95.2 yesterday and this time did not install the skin, sometimes other skins install addons etc which I find difficult to remove, not always knowing what is vanilla or not.

After I did that, and overclocked a little in the config file and changed the video buffering in the advanced file it is now very responsive again when using the menus. Even better with the Confluence skin.

Skipping forward and back is much more responsive since I made changes to the video cache....

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

using the syntax for Kodi 17.
(2017-02-08, 09:32)Urbanbumpkin Wrote: The new libreelec version is slow in between menus, blank for several seconds before it appears.

Are you talking about the standard kodi UI, or are you using an add-on? Which one?
(2017-02-08, 11:41)Vimes Wrote: I have a Pi 3 and it too had issues as you describe but that was only when I used the Estuary mod skin.
I did a clean install of LibreELEC 7.95.2 yesterday and this time did not install the skin, sometimes other skins install addons etc which I find difficult to remove, not always knowing what is vanilla or not.

After I did that, and overclocked a little in the config file and changed the video buffering in the advanced file it is now very responsive again when using the menus. Even better with the Confluence skin.

Skipping forward and back is much more responsive since I made changes to the video cache....

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

using the syntax for Kodi 17.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using with an additional build that has add ons. The earlier version of Kodi works fine with this.

I might try the earlier 7.95 libreElec and see if it's any better

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-08, 13:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 09:32)Urbanbumpkin Wrote: The new libreelec version is slow in between menus, blank for several seconds before it appears.

Are you talking about the standard kodi UI, or are you using an add-on? Which one?

Thank for your reply. I'm using an add on, but the add on is ok with earlier Kodi builds.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-09, 09:22)Urbanbumpkin Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me. I am using with an additional build that has add ons. The earlier version of Kodi works fine with this.

I might try the earlier 7.95 libreElec and see if it's any better

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

We don't provide support for that. 99% of these "builds" contain piracy add-ons. It's very likely that is the cause of your issues.

If you wish to continue installing those on your system then you're on your own I'm afraid.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you still think that 7.95 libre elec is the best option for the PI3?

Sent from my iPhone
What micro SD card are you using? buy the fastest/best brand you can (make sure its not a fake one) as it makes a huge difference in the pi speed....
with a cheap class 10 sd card I got from a local supermarket Smile kodi was slow and chunky......
It's 16Gb SanDisk Ultra 10 I believe. I bought it from Amazon from a reliable seller from what I can tell.

Are there better ones you'd recommend?

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-10, 20:12)Urbanbumpkin Wrote: It's 16Gb SanDisk Ultra 10 I believe. I bought it from Amazon from a reliable seller from what I can tell.

Are there better ones you'd recommend?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

That'll do.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
yeah as above that will work fine...So you have another issue maybe try an older ver of Libreelec
http://archive.libreelec.tv/
The slow gui in kodi 17 will be fixed in kodi 17.1 see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11660

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which version of Kodi do PI30