Req MediathekView add-on
Hi,
recently many "Mediathek" Add-ons were release to access particular German TV broadcaster's internet movie resources. I am a bit surprised about that many separate add-ons, since there is a popular Opensource out there called "MediathekView". MediathekView collects about all German TV internet movie offerings within one single database. You can access, view and record all the shows, movies, serials, soaps, ect. directly from the MediathekView interface. The MediathekView database is actualized very frequent.

What I mean is, for a programmer it should be not too difficult to integrate the the MediathekView database with an add-on into Kodi. Btw.: There was recently a handover to new team which takes care about MediathekView.

If I have missed something, please let me know where and how I can get the MediathekView add-on

Regards, Mac-Chatter
https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...ek-Direkt/
There are several major drawbacks for an MediathekView based add-on.

- The library is always outdated.
- No HLS.
- No/incomplete metadata (plot, thumbnail, fsk, ttl, ...).
- Broken scrapers (some shows are missing >50% of all videos).
- Videos might be depublished.
- Lower video quality for some videos.
- Scrapers are using unstable APIs.
- MV founder disallows the use of his mirrors.
- No categories and similar folders.
- No way to look up recently aired shows.
- Downloadsize is 50MB (no diff, lots of unnecessary junk).
- No differentiating by channel.
- Titles/shownames are a mess.
- No advanced search.

I'm sure that there are more flaws I missed. I estimate that there are only 60-70% of all online videos available. I would miss the thumbnails the most if I had to use this DB. Plots are really nice to have too.

There are just a few advantages of an MV add-on:
- Quicker loading time for folders once the DB is cached (most add-ons are quick too).
- A primitive search across all Mediatheken.
- Access to some depublished videos (useful in some very minor cases).

If you need an add-on which is accessing all Mediatheken, try the Unithek. This add-on displays the recently aired videos for 18 channels from 12 Mediatheken and lists every show from the ARD/ZDF Mediathek.
OK - your dream is about to become true. I'm just about releasing exactly this kind of addon. Stay tuned....
Here it is: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326799

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediathekView add-on0