When using 2 profiles Recommended Movie Shelf is pulling movies from master list
So, I am testing out some methods of doing Parental controls in Kodi while still providing my kids an easy to use interface. Therefore, i'm trying out separate profiles for users. So, i've got the Master Lock turned on, and a separate Kids profile which has a separate source list and separate media info. Then, i configured an advancedsettings.xml file to point the kids profile to a separate database table name (using the <name> tag) for storing the media library.

I then added a single folder to the Video files and let it scan the content. I then noticed on the Recommended shelf there was a movie which was not in the kid movie folder i added. So, i checked the "In Progress" list and there is nothing listed in that list for the kid profile. Then, to test my theory that it was pulling the recommended (in progress stuff) from the master profile, i logged in as the master profile, started a different movie which is not in the kid movie folder, and made sure it now showed in the master profile In Progress list. Then, i logged back in as the Kid profile and that newly started movie from my master profile shows up on the Recommended shelf for the Kid profile.

Has the multiple profiles with separate libraries scenario been accounted for in the skin in this way? Am i mis-configuring something? Let me know if there is anything else i can try out. Thanks.
I am experiencing this same issue.
If this is in Jarvis or below or using the Krypton version with Jarvis shelves enabled then that is down to the Skin Widgets service it uses so you will need to raise it in their forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142389

If you are using Krypton with the new shelves then it should work correctly.

The alternative that I use is to have the sinlge master profile with lock but have movies in different sources, I then lock the sources with the non-children movies/music and then that is only available when the source is unlocked/in master mode. The shelves do not always update so I do a skin reload or update library after locking sources and that clears it up. Not perfect but it does work.
After more playing with this last night, i noticed that if you start Kodi fresh and login as the new profile, then the Recommended Shelf does not have any videos which that profile shouldn't have. However, if you switch to the main profile, then back, the Recommended Shelf mirrors the main profile again. So, i tested out playing a legit movie from the new profile's library and stopping a few minutes in so that the bookmark table gets populated with at least 1 entry. After doing that, the Recommended Shelf now contains only legit movies from the new profile.

So, this is a minor bug since we can ensure the results are accurate by ensuring there is always at least one entry in the bookmarks table of the database for the kid profile.

And yes, i am using Jarvis right now. So, it sounds like this will be resolved in Krypton, but i've got to wait for Libreelec to release a Krypton version since 2 of my devices run Libreelec right now and i'm using the mysql db to synchronize all my systems.

Hopefully my workaround can help anyone else stuck on Jarvis for the time being. I'll be sure to test this out when i am able to upgrade to Krypton. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When using 2 profiles Recommended Movie Shelf is pulling movies from master list0