How to quit Kodi with no exit menu
In my previous install I performed option two as outlined in this post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1796162 so that when the power button was pressed in Kodi it exited without bringing up the exit options menu.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where these files have gone in the new Windows Store version. Any idea?
My presumption is that you are using the skin 'Estuary', if the notation here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2477371 doesn't do it for you, I'll transfer this query to the Estuary skin forum, where you will have people that are better suited to assist.
Thanks but the link you provided is identical to the one I posted. I know what to change just not where the files have moved now that I'm using the Windows store installer. I've checked my \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ folder but can not find the files required.
(2017-02-16, 13:47)Sponky Wrote: Thanks but the link you provided is identical to the one I posted. I know what to change just not where the files have moved now that I'm using the Windows store installer. I've checked my \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ folder but can not find the files required.

As you use the windows store kodi, then the path should be something like that:

Code:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
Moanbag is in da place!
Just replace this in Home.xml :

Code:
<include content="IconButton">
                        <param name="control_id" value="804" />
                        <param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/power.png" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[33060]" />
                    </include>

by

Code:
<include content="IconButton">
                        <param name="control_id" value="804" />
                        <param name="onclick" value="Quit()" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/power.png" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[33060]" />
                    </include>
 Estuary MOD V2 
Question 
Thanks folks, but I just did a clean install because I could not find Home.xml anywhere in the location specified ( %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\ ). Still not there.

Here's a list of all the xml files in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p (including subfolders):

You must edit Home.xml in Estuary skin folder, not in your AppData folder.
 Estuary MOD V2 
The search included all subfolders. Home.xml is not there. Unless the Estuary skin folder is not in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p

Could you be more specific for the location of the Estuary skin folder?
Found this: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.estuary

But it only contains a file called settings.xml which contains:

<settings>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoMusicVideoButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoTVButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoRadioButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoProgramsButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="show_weatherinfo" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="touchmode" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="AutoScroll" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoVideosButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoFavButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoWeatherButton" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="hide_mediaflags" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="no_fanart" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoPicturesButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="no_slide_animations" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoMovieButton" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoMusicButton" type="bool">true</setting>
<setting id="HomeMenuNoTVShowButton" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="background_overlay" type="string">1</setting>
<setting id="MovieGenreFanart.ext" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="WeatherFanart.path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeFanart.path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeFanart.ext" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeFanart.name" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="MovieGenreFanart.path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="WeatherFanart.ext" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="MovieGenreFanart.Name" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="WeatherFanart.name" type="string"></setting>
</settings>

I can change all that from within the GUI.
Found it. Not in %LOCALAPPDATA% at all . It's here: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.0.0.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p\addons\skin.estuary\xml
Even after taking ownership of the WindowsApps folder (and subfolders) and granting myself full control in the security permissions I am still unable to save changes to the Home.xml file.

I'm unable to rename the file or save changes to it. I can delete it - but not god damn restore it. Windows shits me to tears.
Yep fuck this for a game of soldiers. I'm uninstalling the windows store app and using the stand alone installer.
Went to the usual installer and had no dramas editing Home.xml. The store app would have been nice for automatic updates but for advanced customisation it's a pain.
That's part of the security for Store apps I believe as you're prevented from changing anything in the install folder. There is is way around it, which is to copy the skin.estuary folder to outside of the install folder, do you changes you want and alter the skin name in addon.xml (to distinguish from the default Estuary), then to copy the altered skin folder to the userdata addons folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to quit Kodi with no exit menu0